December 13, 2017, 07:59:13 AM

Author Topic: .17 hmr  (Read 26598 times)

Offline John Andrews

• Global Moderator
  • Hardcore Carnivore with Gut Pile Style!
  • "If it bleeds....We can kill it!" ANDREWS
Re: .17 hmr
« Reply #120 on: October 24, 2009, 09:10:20 AM »
It's been some time since I've shot my .17, been too busy in the shop. I'm sure glad some of you fellas can get out there with yours and unlimb some tree rats.  :twisted: O0
Hunting Discussion Forum and Chat on Whitetail Deer Hunting- Bow Hunting- Muzzleloader Hunting- Fishing- Firearms- Outdoor News- Cleaning Game- Deer Pictures- Fish Pictures and more at www.gutpilestyle.com !

Offline John Andrews

• Global Moderator
« Reply #121 on: June 10, 2011, 08:16:23 AM »
Wife and I were watching Swamp People on TV last night and watched the two Indian gator gitters, the father and son team. We finally discovered the son's main gator killer, a Savage .17 HMR.

His HMR instantly dispatched the big gator, the HMR being a great caliber for gators. 
Hunting Discussion Forum and Chat on Whitetail Deer Hunting- Bow Hunting- Muzzleloader Hunting- Fishing- Firearms- Outdoor News- Cleaning Game- Deer Pictures- Fish Pictures and more at www.gutpilestyle.com !

Offline Big58cal

• Global Moderator
« Reply #122 on: September 03, 2011, 04:55:28 PM »
Wife and I were watching Swamp People on TV last night and watched the two Indian gator gitters, the father and son team. We finally discovered the son's main gator killer, a Savage .17 HMR.

The reason he's using the Savage is that it's close range and it's pretty hard to miss at point blank range.  Plus, if it falls overboard, what's he lost, $25?  :wink:
The only purpose of bread is to hold meat!

John Andrews Is My Hero!

In all seriousness, the Marlin is a great rifle, too. I own a Model 60, one of the best rifles ever made.
Brownings are nice, but in terms of quality AND accuarcy AND ruggedness, it's hard to beat the Marlin.
California sucks that's it.

Offline John Andrews

• Global Moderator
« Reply #123 on: September 04, 2011, 08:59:50 AM »
The reason he's using the Savage is that it's close range and it's pretty hard to miss at point blank range.  Plus, if it falls overboard, what's he lost, $25?  :wink:
  :shock: :knuppel2  ;D Another poke at us Savage owners, huh? Well, the reason the guy isn't using a Marlin is because the best use he had for a Marlin was as a fence post he needed on his lower 40 acres. All you have to do is stick the Marlin barrel in the dirt and smack the buttplate with a maul. Marlins drive in the ground real easy but don't last long because they rust away really quick. :wink: ;D

Facebook Comments