October 19, 2017, 01:39:33 AM

Author Topic: FINALLY  (Read 1500 times)

Offline SCHINK

• Gut Pile Club Member
Re: FINALLY
« Reply #10 on: December 01, 2008, 01:25:00 PM »
Thanks John......I did my homework this year more than ever.......it's a good reward when your hard work pays off sometimes

SCHINK
HAPPINESS IS A BLOODY TAILGATE

Offline J-BUCKS

• Gut Pile Guide
« Reply #11 on: December 01, 2008, 04:31:57 PM »
Congrats on the buck! Only took a doe this weekend myself.

BBF

« Reply #12 on: December 01, 2008, 05:37:17 PM »
WHATDAYA mean, "Only a doe" :roll:  Man, it is meat for the freezer I never considered antlers as a sign of success unless you are a trophy hunter. Personally they don't rate all that high with me :wink:
« Last Edit: December 01, 2008, 05:40:18 PM by BBF »

turkeynutz

« Reply #13 on: December 01, 2008, 06:28:58 PM »
WHATDAYA mean, "Only a doe" :roll:  Man, it is meat for the freezer I never considered antlers as a sign of success unless you are a trophy hunter. Personally they don't rate all that high with me :wink:
With ya there bud. I dont turn down a good peice of meat for a horn either. O0

turkeynutz

« Reply #14 on: December 01, 2008, 06:46:14 PM »
Our SC season goes like this:

Sept 8th to Jan 1st

Georgia season goes like this:

Sept 15th to Jan 15th

and NC season :

Sept 15th to Dec 6
Our seasons here in Missouri are messed up. We got 6-gun seasons. 2 youth, 1 either sex, 1 doe 1 B.P. and 1 urban. And you realy have to pay attention on locations too. And the rest of the days in between are archery.Sept. 15th-Jan. 15th. But in Okla. its Oct.1st- Jan.15th for archery with gun seasons in the middle. So you can continue to bow hunt all through the total season.

Offline Big58cal

• Global Moderator
  • Hardcore Carnivore with Gut Pile Style!
« Reply #15 on: December 01, 2008, 09:31:56 PM »
I dont turn down a good peice of meat for a horn either. O0

Me either! O0 ;D
The only purpose of bread is to hold meat!

John Andrews Is My Hero!

In all seriousness, the Marlin is a great rifle, too. I own a Model 60, one of the best rifles ever made.
Brownings are nice, but in terms of quality AND accuarcy AND ruggedness, it's hard to beat the Marlin.
California sucks that's it.

Offline J-BUCKS

• Gut Pile Guide
« Reply #16 on: December 02, 2008, 08:09:14 AM »
Hey! I was only saying that a Doe was all that presented itself this weekend. I didnt mean that does are an after thought! I kill them as fast as anything else. The only ones I will pass on are young ones just to let them get bigger! I garentee you that I do Not trophy hunt, I meat hunt!

Offline John Andrews

• Global Moderator
  • Hardcore Carnivore with Gut Pile Style!
  • "If it bleeds....We can kill it!" ANDREWS
« Reply #17 on: December 02, 2008, 10:37:14 AM »
I trophy hunted one year, hunted one single buck without a decent shot. I had a couple of "Texas" shot presented, but it wasn't worth the risk of losing him.
The following shotgun season the big buck was killed. At least someone was able to enjoy harvesting the buck and not the coyotes chowing down on an arrow crippled deer.
No, you can't eat the antlers.
Hunting Discussion Forum and Chat on Whitetail Deer Hunting- Bow Hunting- Muzzleloader Hunting- Fishing- Firearms- Outdoor News- Cleaning Game- Deer Pictures- Fish Pictures and more at www.gutpilestyle.com !

Facebook Comments