November 22, 2017, 09:42:57 AM

Author Topic: 2008 Mulie  (Read 3015 times)

Offline Mtshooter

2008 Mulie
« on: December 02, 2008, 08:38:33 PM »
Here is my 08 Mulie  :wink:

Offline Big58cal

• Global Moderator
  • Hardcore Carnivore with Gut Pile Style!
Re: 2008 Mulie
« Reply #1 on: December 02, 2008, 09:06:27 PM »
Outstanding!!! O0  Congrats on a nice buck!

BTW, what does mule deer taste like?  I've not had it, but I've heard that it's got a little bit of a sage taste to it. ???
The only purpose of bread is to hold meat!

John Andrews Is My Hero!

In all seriousness, the Marlin is a great rifle, too. I own a Model 60, one of the best rifles ever made.
Brownings are nice, but in terms of quality AND accuarcy AND ruggedness, it's hard to beat the Marlin.
California sucks that's it.

turkeynutz

« Reply #2 on: December 02, 2008, 09:14:04 PM »
Nice Mt. Congrats.. O0

Offline SCHINK

• Gut Pile Club Member
« Reply #3 on: December 03, 2008, 07:13:09 AM »
NICE DEER........I have a Mulie on my wish list.......but need to get my butt out west one of these years to try

SCHINK
HAPPINESS IS A BLOODY TAILGATE

Offline Jenny

• Happyness is a warm gun!
    • Foggy Bottom Girls
« Reply #4 on: December 03, 2008, 08:48:21 AM »
 O0 Way to go Mt. Thats awesome!
Jenny - Whosoever is delighted in solitude is either a wild beast or a God. -Francis Bacon Sr.

Offline John Andrews

• Global Moderator
  • "If it bleeds....We can kill it!" ANDREWS
« Reply #5 on: December 03, 2008, 10:27:02 AM »
Nice mulie!  O0
Outstanding!!! O0  Congrats on a nice buck!

BTW, what does mule deer taste like?  I've not had it, but I've heard that it's got a little bit of a sage taste to it. ???
It tastes a LOT like sage brush, nothing like our cornfed whitetail deer.
Hunting Discussion Forum and Chat on Whitetail Deer Hunting- Bow Hunting- Muzzleloader Hunting- Fishing- Firearms- Outdoor News- Cleaning Game- Deer Pictures- Fish Pictures and more at www.gutpilestyle.com !

Offline Mtshooter

« Reply #6 on: December 03, 2008, 01:37:25 PM »
Nice mulie!  O0 It tastes a LOT like sage brush, nothing like our cornfed whitetail deer.

It does have a bit of a sage taste but if you cook it slow with onions and fresh mushrooms you really don't taste it. Plus I really try to get one that feeds on the alfalfa fields  :wink:

Yes, the corn fed whiteys are a bit tastier but both are veryyyyyyyyy good  8)
« Last Edit: December 03, 2008, 01:39:17 PM by Mtshooter »

Offline D45/70

« Reply #7 on: December 03, 2008, 03:14:53 PM »
this time of year all the bucks are in rut and all swollen up. They taste like $hit, but they look cool!!! Are you going to take advantage of the extended elk season ?? Or did you get an elk earlier?
DO to the increasing cost of energy, Gas,and Electricity. The Down turn in the economy.
The light at the END of the TUNNEL is Now TURNED OFF!!!

Offline Mtshooter

« Reply #8 on: December 03, 2008, 03:47:47 PM »
We are headed out for Elk this weekend. 

It is tough archery hunting during rifle season, but what the hay, some one has to do it  :twisted:

We hunt mulies during archery season so they aren't in rut and all swollen up. But if we do take one during the rut, I have sausage and pepperoni sticks made out of them  O0

Offline John Andrews

• Global Moderator
  • "If it bleeds....We can kill it!" ANDREWS
« Reply #9 on: December 05, 2008, 10:10:15 AM »
Mulies are still good eating. I brought back a whole trunk load my first year hunting Utah. My pals there didn't care much for mulie venison and gave me their deer, too. I hauled 2 1/2 deer home. I could have hauled more home if I had the room.
The evening of opening day of deer season, lots of folks were going door to door trying to give away their deer. Just about everyone deer hunted, but few of the folks actually ate the deer. The Prove, Utah schools closed during the week of deer season. I thought that was really cool.
Hunting Discussion Forum and Chat on Whitetail Deer Hunting- Bow Hunting- Muzzleloader Hunting- Fishing- Firearms- Outdoor News- Cleaning Game- Deer Pictures- Fish Pictures and more at www.gutpilestyle.com !

Facebook Comments