October 19, 2017, 12:12:15 PM

Author Topic: Anybody else  (Read 1159 times)

Offline newhunter

Anybody else
« on: December 04, 2008, 04:52:37 PM »
Has anybody else had to forego this years hunting season or am I the only one? Before hunting season arrived I already knew I didn't have any time for hunting again this year. Last year was the same, no time to hunt. Well I hope y'all are having a good hunting season. Hopefully next year will be better. 

Offline Ks_Sniper

• Global Moderator
  • Hardcore Carnivore with Gut Pile Style!
Re: Anybody else
« Reply #1 on: December 04, 2008, 05:13:54 PM »
I'm in the same boat here. I made it out a couple times earlier this year for rabbits, but I was too busy to make it out for the big game deadlines. :-\
When I was a child, I lived as a child. When I became a man, I put away my childish things and became a Gutpiler!

Hunting Discussion Forum and Chat on Whitetail Deer Hunting - Anti Peta - Squirrel Hunting - Bow Hunting - Bear Hunting - Coon Hunting - Fishing - Firearms - Outdoor News - Cleaning Game -  17 hmr info and more at www.gutpilestyle.com ! http://www.camouflagenation.com http://www.thehuntingfiles.com  http://wildchildhuntingwear.com  http://www.isquirrelhunt.com http://www.iwhitetailhunt.com http://www.icoonhunt.com

turkeynutz

« Reply #2 on: December 04, 2008, 05:59:18 PM »
I gave up alot of my bow season cuz of my back acting up again. Got out three days for a gun killen. I hope I can feel up to a few more days of hunten.

Offline John Andrews

• Global Moderator
  • "If it bleeds....We can kill it!" ANDREWS
« Reply #3 on: December 06, 2008, 03:02:37 PM »
My bad back now limits me to small game hunting, mostly squirrels. Our shotgun deer season is open and I know where I can kill some nice bucks, but it's out of the question when a fella is not able to drag a deer. :sad:
Hunting Discussion Forum and Chat on Whitetail Deer Hunting- Bow Hunting- Muzzleloader Hunting- Fishing- Firearms- Outdoor News- Cleaning Game- Deer Pictures- Fish Pictures and more at www.gutpilestyle.com !

turkeynutz

« Reply #4 on: December 06, 2008, 06:35:30 PM »
I feel ya John. I cant get out there unless I got someone to help me drag.

Offline Juandogg

• When in Doubt DTFB
« Reply #5 on: December 06, 2008, 10:06:13 PM »
nice JA ya know where they are but wont tell me come on put me on some biguns I need another antler to match the one I already got  :twisted: ;D ;D ;D
It takes patience to break a good hound. Ya gotta be persistent and it helps to be a lil smarter then the dog.

Offline Big58cal

• Global Moderator
« Reply #6 on: December 06, 2008, 11:26:23 PM »
Has anybody else had to forego this years hunting season or am I the only one? Before hunting season arrived I already knew I didn't have any time for hunting again this year. Last year was the same, no time to hunt. Well I hope y'all are having a good hunting season. Hopefully next year will be better. 

I'm pretty much in the same boat. :'(  For various reasons, I wasn't too worried about getting out and going this year.  I've been squirrel hunting once this year, and that was to take my little boy.  I went deer hunting by myself during our 2 day early muzzleloading season, but didn't see anything I wanted to shoot, then I went opening weekend of our general gun season for deer to take the little boy.  We didn't get anything though.

Our late muzzleloading season opens next weekend.  The boy has been wanting some fresh deer meat, so I guess I'm going to have to get out there.  It's going to be too cold for him to go though. :'(  I'm through screwing around though.  I'm going down to the farm tomorrow to put out about 400 lbs of shelled corn. :twisted:  Something tells me I'll be skinning out a deer next week. O0 ;D

The only purpose of bread is to hold meat!

John Andrews Is My Hero!

In all seriousness, the Marlin is a great rifle, too. I own a Model 60, one of the best rifles ever made.
Brownings are nice, but in terms of quality AND accuarcy AND ruggedness, it's hard to beat the Marlin.
California sucks that's it.

Offline John Andrews

• Global Moderator
« Reply #7 on: December 07, 2008, 09:34:27 AM »
nice JA ya know where they are but wont tell me come on put me on some biguns I need another antler to match the one I already got  :twisted: ;D ;D ;D
Come on down here, I know where there are two 12 pointers.  :twisted:
Hunting Discussion Forum and Chat on Whitetail Deer Hunting- Bow Hunting- Muzzleloader Hunting- Fishing- Firearms- Outdoor News- Cleaning Game- Deer Pictures- Fish Pictures and more at www.gutpilestyle.com !

Offline John Andrews

• Global Moderator
« Reply #8 on: December 07, 2008, 10:37:06 AM »
It's now 16F, up from 12F this morning. I reckon it's slowing down our deer hunters a bit today.
I hunted northern MO for years. Two opening mornings in a row, one year right after another, it was 11F. I about froze!  :shock:  :sad: Absolutely nothing was moving those mornings.

turkeynutz

« Reply #9 on: December 07, 2008, 09:50:04 PM »
Sux man! Just found out they changed regs again here. So I dont get to go after a doe with a gun in my areas! :tickedoff You would think, once they print it, they couldnt change it. But they did it twice now!

Facebook Comments