December 16, 2017, 10:02:54 AM

Author Topic: Mathews takes a new direction!  (Read 2240 times)

Offline Tenderfoot

• Hardcore Carnivore with Gut Pile Style!
  • John Andrews is my hero
Mathews takes a new direction!
« on: December 08, 2008, 12:01:04 AM »
"Mathews...relentless inovation, catch us if you can" Try the new link on their site explaining why they've chosen to FINALLY drop their solocam bows and make a dualer. ;D Maybe somebody isn't leading the inovative pack anymore? Just proves my theory and analysis of the bow industry... mathews is playing catch up after sitting on their good name for a few years running! Their new reezeen looks a lot like one of Elites bows(in terms of stats i.e. ibo speed, brace height, etc) from last year! That being said, I'd still buy one if i can find it under 500!

turkeynutz

Re: Mathews takes a new direction!
« Reply #1 on: December 08, 2008, 10:31:48 AM »
Im sure that will happen. ;D Their too proud of their name to sell an affordable bow! Thats why I will stick to PSE. O0

Offline Mike in WV

• Been seen in these woods a time or two..
« Reply #2 on: December 09, 2008, 02:13:48 PM »
Have you seen the price tag on the new PSE X-Force???? :shock:
Give em the shaft }}=======}

turkeynutz

« Reply #3 on: December 09, 2008, 05:49:12 PM »
Its high too. but I dont spend more than 300 bucks for a bow. all the bows that can be shot will kill a deer, why waste good money on a name!

Offline Tenderfoot

« Reply #4 on: December 09, 2008, 10:39:30 PM »
Very few bows are made these days that won't slay any deer at 20 yards, but if you love to shoot and want to go out to 50+ i realy think you need to invest some money. A new model running about 300 will knock deer, but the wall may be soft, the bow may be loud and vibrate after the shot, and the draw may be jumpy. Every one of those detriments can be overcome to kill a deer, but if you enjoy archery for archeys sake, I'd recomend a stiff-walled, well made, quiet, smooth and forgiving elite or bowtech. With the right conditions and a quiet enough bow 50 yard shots should not be unthinkable to the experienced archer. That is why some chose to spend so much on their obsesive off-season hobby-the bow aint just for putting meat in the freezer.

Offline Mike in WV

• Been seen in these woods a time or two..
« Reply #5 on: December 10, 2008, 03:11:14 PM »
I have no prob spending some serious money on a bow but damn prices ar starting to hit the s*it mark. When I can buy and outfit a rifle for as much or less than a bow WTF?
Give em the shaft }}=======}

Offline Tenderfoot

« Reply #6 on: December 10, 2008, 07:47:05 PM »
Yeah, bowtech and mathews are cranking out some outrageous packages running over 1000$. That'll easily buy you a nice 30-06 with a scope plenty strong enough to whack a deer at 300 yds. It is getting pretty crazy, but hopefully when the economy completely fails under the new prez all prices will go down(just like gas...hurah recessions!)

Offline Morax

• hell even Monkeys can use a sharp stick
« Reply #7 on: December 10, 2008, 08:47:21 PM »
accually i wouldnt be surprised if the prices for bows goes up, especially when he outlaws the firearms and taxes the hell out of the ammo...

a 06 out to 300 yards?  awww man thats like hitting them with a spitball.. take it out a few hundred more!!

besides i was always taught not to throw sticks that things....
when in doubt shoot twice

Offline Juandogg

• When in Doubt DTFB
« Reply #8 on: December 10, 2008, 09:43:56 PM »
besides i was always taught not to throw sticks that things....
classic  O0 O0 O0 O0 ;D ;D ;D
It takes patience to break a good hound. Ya gotta be persistent and it helps to be a lil smarter then the dog.

turkeynutz

« Reply #9 on: December 11, 2008, 11:58:33 PM »
I went in to wally the other day and noticed the price of a spinnerbait is over 5 bucks now. this crap is gotten out of hand.

Facebook Comments