December 18, 2017, 01:40:04 PM

Author Topic: So....  (Read 1259 times)

Offline Tenderfoot

• Hardcore Carnivore with Gut Pile Style!
  • John Andrews is my hero
So....
« on: December 13, 2008, 09:22:16 AM »
I realy don't want to tell ya'll this, but friends are friends through thick and thin. Let me just say this time it was not all me. The 8 pt just had to stand in front of that persimon sappling (the one so small you couldn't see it past the 100'' of antlers!) at 15 yards. I losed an arrow, ya'll know the rest of my typical story. Nuff said. He's hit but will live another day.

turkeynutz

Re: So....
« Reply #1 on: December 13, 2008, 10:10:28 AM »
That sux bud. But least he will live. It happens to the best of us. O0

Offline Bowhuntr115

• Gut Pile Club Member
« Reply #2 on: December 13, 2008, 05:53:47 PM »
Unfortunately that's part of bowhunting.  :sad: If anyone ever tells you they never missed, they're full of crap.  :idiot2
" Now therefore take, I pray thee, thy weapons, thy quiver and thy bow, and go out to the field, and take me some venison. GEN 27:3 "

turkeynutz

« Reply #3 on: December 13, 2008, 06:24:35 PM »
I got to fess up, I miss at least one a year. Some times more. :roll:

Offline John Andrews

• Global Moderator
  • "If it bleeds....We can kill it!" ANDREWS
« Reply #4 on: December 14, 2008, 10:06:41 AM »
My brother missed the biggest buck he's ever seen, clean miss a few weeks ago.  :roll:
Hunting Discussion Forum and Chat on Whitetail Deer Hunting- Bow Hunting- Muzzleloader Hunting- Fishing- Firearms- Outdoor News- Cleaning Game- Deer Pictures- Fish Pictures and more at www.gutpilestyle.com !

Offline Juandogg

• When in Doubt DTFB
« Reply #5 on: December 14, 2008, 05:50:43 PM »
tender i thought ya hugged trees not whacked em     ;D  Seems somebody went to the mad river school of deer shootin  :twisted:
It takes patience to break a good hound. Ya gotta be persistent and it helps to be a lil smarter then the dog.

Offline Big58cal

• Global Moderator
« Reply #6 on: December 14, 2008, 10:46:06 PM »
Dude you did the same thing last year didn't you, minus the tree?  I'm not going to lecture you on bowhunting, but you may want to rethink things. ???  Sounds like you may have a mild case of target panic.  You should probably look at getting it under control before you shoot at any more deer with a bow.
The only purpose of bread is to hold meat!

John Andrews Is My Hero!

In all seriousness, the Marlin is a great rifle, too. I own a Model 60, one of the best rifles ever made.
Brownings are nice, but in terms of quality AND accuarcy AND ruggedness, it's hard to beat the Marlin.
California sucks that's it.

Offline Tenderfoot

• John Andrews is my hero
« Reply #7 on: December 17, 2008, 09:05:06 PM »
Amen, BC. It is not full on target panic, since I have taken like 3 does now and a number of hogs without any incident. The hogs don't even make my heart skip a beat, but the bucks :shock:. I watched this guy for about 10 minutes, and I was still going crazy, but I was confident that I had my nerves under control enough. I was doubley confident, also, remembering last year. I wasn't going to take another shot on a buck unless I was confident he would go down way sooner than last years 10 pt. My shooting and nerves have gotten so much better since last year, I just missed seeing the little twig. I'll be shooting more 3-d in the woods this spring, though and I'll also hopefully remember these hard-learned lessons next year...next year I bust out the 30-06! :twisted:. Thanks for the sympathy, ya'll. Any year now, any year now and I'll get a buck on the wall or quit deer hunting and stick with hogs.

Facebook Comments