December 14, 2017, 08:18:07 AM

Author Topic: Hey all, airgun nut has returned  (Read 2106 times)

Offline Jon

• Gut Pile Club Member
Hey all, airgun nut has returned
« on: December 16, 2008, 12:18:14 AM »
Some of you may remember me, I used to post disgusting splattered squirrel pics shot with my 22 magnum.

I have since turned to airguns for the thrill of the stalk.  Killin squackers with a rimfire was a bit boring when you hardly ever miss ^-^

Anyways here is my preffered airgun for when a squirrel needs his head cracked open for the world to see.

It's called an FX Tarantula, it's a .22 caliber spitting out 16 grain pellets in the mid 900 fps range.  It's an 8 shot bolt action, and it gets about 3 magazines before I gotta refill it off the scuba tank.  It has an effective range of about 75 yards.  I got a bushnell 4200 elite 8-32 on top for close-up images of squirrel hide, it also doubles as a telecope for viewing stars and the big dipper and such. :idiot2

Just thought you fine fellas would like to see how some other great white hunters choose to kill our favorite little tree vermin, hopefully I can get some of you to give a high end airgun a try fer huntin one day. ;D
rimfireshooting.com

Offline MOSPARKY

• Global Moderator
  • Hardcore Carnivore with Gut Pile Style!
Re: Hey all, airgun nut has returned
« Reply #1 on: December 16, 2008, 12:50:39 AM »
Welcome back Jon. Looks like your still touring the "darkside". Very nice rig you got there. You pick that up from AOA ? I doubt my pockets will ever be that deep, but I gotta admire such a fine peice of craftsmanship.
« Last Edit: December 16, 2008, 12:57:22 AM by MOSPARKY »
John Andrews is my hero !

Deer Hunting Today - Powered By Gut Pile Style:  The source for Whitetail Deer Hunting - Anti Peta - Squirrel Hunting - Bow Hunting - Bear Hunting - Coon Hunting - Fishing - Firearms - Outdoor News - Cleaning Game -  fishing and more at www.gutpilestyle.comwww.DeerHuntingToday.com www.WildChildHuntingWear.com

because huntin' ain't catch and release

Offline Jon

• Gut Pile Club Member
« Reply #2 on: December 16, 2008, 12:56:53 AM »
Yeah,

I've had about 14 different PCP rifles in about a year and a half.  I bought this one used but not abused.

MO,  you ought to check out the benjamin discovery if you are on a budget.
rimfireshooting.com

Offline MOSPARKY

• Global Moderator
« Reply #3 on: December 16, 2008, 12:59:32 AM »
I been strongly thinking about a magnum springer, but maybe I'll take a look at the Disco.

Deer Hunting Today - Powered By Gut Pile Style:  The source for Whitetail Deer Hunting - Anti Peta - Squirrel Hunting - Bow Hunting - Bear Hunting - Coon Hunting - Fishing - Firearms - Outdoor News - Cleaning Game -  fishing and more at www.gutpilestyle.comwww.DeerHuntingToday.com www.WildChildHuntingWear.com

Offline ellwoodjake

• Global Moderator
  • CHASING (cotton)TAIL
    • http://www.tw200forum.com
« Reply #4 on: December 16, 2008, 06:32:27 AM »
16gr. at 900fps?!! with 24 rounds per outing?, damn!, sure sounds well sufficient for tree rats. Now, lets see some photos of the carnage you reign down with it.  :twisted:
(\__/)
(='.'=) Salad isn't food-it's what food eats!!
(")_(")

Offline Big58cal

• Global Moderator
« Reply #5 on: December 16, 2008, 08:32:18 AM »
Pretty cool looking little rig you got there Jon. O0  So why the dramatic switch from a .22 mag to a BB gun? ??? :wink: ;D  Why didn't you just go down to a .22 LR pistol or something?
The only purpose of bread is to hold meat!

John Andrews Is My Hero!

In all seriousness, the Marlin is a great rifle, too. I own a Model 60, one of the best rifles ever made.
Brownings are nice, but in terms of quality AND accuarcy AND ruggedness, it's hard to beat the Marlin.
California sucks that's it.

Offline MOSPARKY

• Global Moderator
« Reply #6 on: December 16, 2008, 02:43:19 PM »
originally my first post said something about "crossing over" to the darkside, but then I reveiwed some of Jon's old post and had to change it. Seems he's been useing Air rifles of this type and price range from day one.

Note: "Darkside" is an airgunners slang for shooting PCP airguns, such as Jon has  posted.

Offline Big58cal

• Global Moderator
« Reply #7 on: December 16, 2008, 03:19:41 PM »
Define "PCP", cause it's probably not the PCP I'm thinking of.  ;D
The only purpose of bread is to hold meat!

John Andrews Is My Hero!

In all seriousness, the Marlin is a great rifle, too. I own a Model 60, one of the best rifles ever made.
Brownings are nice, but in terms of quality AND accuarcy AND ruggedness, it's hard to beat the Marlin.
California sucks that's it.

Offline MOSPARKY

• Global Moderator
« Reply #8 on: December 16, 2008, 10:59:03 PM »
Pre-Charged-Pnuematic.  These are the guns that operate in the neighborhood of 3 thousand psi. ( normal CO2 runs about 900 psi on a fresh cartridge)

turkeynutz

« Reply #9 on: December 16, 2008, 11:22:49 PM »
Define "PCP", cause it's probably not the PCP I'm thinking of.  ;D
Did someone invite Timothy Leary? ;D ;D I like the shroons more. ^-^
« Last Edit: December 17, 2008, 01:10:56 AM by Ks_Sniper »

Facebook Comments