December 13, 2017, 01:50:31 PM

Author Topic: Hey all, airgun nut has returned  (Read 2091 times)

Offline Jon

• Gut Pile Club Member
Re: Hey all, airgun nut has returned
« Reply #10 on: December 17, 2008, 12:37:29 AM »
Mo has it all right, this particular gun fills to 2,900 psi.

The airgun thing is a newer thing I got into, I have been doing it for roughly 2 years.

But....these guns arent your childhood BB guns, this gun is capable of .22 lr accuracy at 100 yards but without the bang and backstop troubles.

At 75 yards the pellet will pass completely through a water filled 20 OZ plastic bottle.

I have not yet gotten to kill a squirrel that far yet because it's pretty tough to guess the holdover but I have killed a few over 50 yards.

The pellet will go completely through a squirrel at that range.

Now, wonder why I started this little hobby?  Well I got tired of driving to the shooting range and I am able to shoot in my yard anytime I feel the need.  These guns can be made to be very quiet legally.

This particular gun sounds like an electric brad nailer going off when you are behind the gun, but 30 yards away you can barely hear it.

It give you the chance at many more squirrels than what you normally get when you are using .17HMR's and 22WMR's.  If I miss most of the time the squirrel doesnt even know what happened and they stick around most of the time for me to get another shot.

And believe it or not these guns are more accurate than 95% of the out of the box .22lr's out to 50 yards or so.  You'd have to buy a fairly expensive rimfire to match this one accuracy wise.  So these guns seem expensive but to get a .22 that is as accurate you'd spend the ame money anyway.

On a calm day 1/2 inch groups at 50 yards are easy with these types of rifles.

Besides, most squirrels I shoot are in the 30-40 yard range which this gun is well suited for.

The only downside is to reliably drop a squirrel you only have 2 choices you either have to put a pellet into the chest cavity or right in the noggin, so patience for the right shot is needed.

With the magnum rimfires, jut aim at brown and it is pretty much a done deal.
rimfireshooting.com

Offline ray40cal

• Hardcore Carnivore with Gut Pile Style!
« Reply #11 on: December 19, 2008, 04:55:56 PM »
Define "PCP", cause it's probably not the PCP I'm thinking of.  ;D

My thoughts exactly.   

I'm with ya Jon on air-rifles for tree rats. 70-80% of the time i use pellet guns, either the daisy 1000x or one of the .22x's . They both do just fine.  Not a big fan of the .22 x because i gotta pump that thing.  the 1000 is a break barrel, shoots .177 at 1000 fps heck i promise a headshot will put so everyone can see what's on the squirrels' mind.
[]===     []          =[]=       ===[] ===   []===
[]==       []            []              []         []==
[]===     []====   =[]=            []          []===

Offline John Andrews

• Global Moderator
  • "If it bleeds....We can kill it!" ANDREWS
« Reply #12 on: December 26, 2008, 09:31:23 AM »
Yep, airguns have gotten just plain deadly!  O0
Hunting Discussion Forum and Chat on Whitetail Deer Hunting- Bow Hunting- Muzzleloader Hunting- Fishing- Firearms- Outdoor News- Cleaning Game- Deer Pictures- Fish Pictures and more at www.gutpilestyle.com !

Offline ray40cal

« Reply #13 on: January 23, 2009, 03:25:07 AM »
edit: woops i already replied here! been a while since i visited the beautiful people at gps.
« Last Edit: January 23, 2009, 03:29:00 AM by ray40cal »
[]===     []          =[]=       ===[] ===   []===
[]==       []            []              []         []==
[]===     []====   =[]=            []          []===

Facebook Comments