November 22, 2017, 02:22:30 AM

Author Topic: possum anybody?  (Read 2216 times)

Offline DIXIEBANJO

• Hardcore Carnivore with Gut Pile Style!
possum anybody?
« on: October 11, 2004, 01:08:24 AM »
does anyone else really enjoy blappin possums with a shotgun?Or is it just me?
ECCLESIASTES 12:13-14 Now all has been heard;here is the conclusion of the matter:Fear God and keep his commandments,for this is the whole duty of man.For God will bring every deed into judgement,including every hidden thing,wheather it is good or evil.

Offline John Andrews

• Global Moderator
  • "If it bleeds....We can kill it!" ANDREWS
possum anybody?
« Reply #1 on: October 11, 2004, 02:26:06 AM »
I've shot a few with the rifle.
Hunting Discussion Forum and Chat on Whitetail Deer Hunting- Bow Hunting- Muzzleloader Hunting- Fishing- Firearms- Outdoor News- Cleaning Game- Deer Pictures- Fish Pictures and more at www.gutpilestyle.com !

Offline DIXIEBANJO

Virginia style possum hunting
« Reply #2 on: October 11, 2004, 06:04:03 PM »
Nothing like chasing a giant possum at night time with a shotgun!You can use dogs too,or you can just make a bunch of noise like an army of hungry nightime possum hunters and scare them stiff.Some people see the possum as an ugly, rat\kangaroo\monkey with a big white face.I love them!Possums are my favorite animal,and believe me, there fit to eat!I remember my grandfather saying that the inmates in lorton prison used to catch them in trash cans.No, he wasnt an inmate,he was a guard or something.
ECCLESIASTES 12:13-14 Now all has been heard;here is the conclusion of the matter:Fear God and keep his commandments,for this is the whole duty of man.For God will bring every deed into judgement,including every hidden thing,wheather it is good or evil.

Offline Big58cal

• Global Moderator
possum anybody?
« Reply #3 on: October 11, 2004, 09:59:17 PM »
Hey DixieBanjo, check the RECIPE section (down towards the bottom of the Discussion Forums page).  I'll post your some recipes you may not already have.
The only purpose of bread is to hold meat!

John Andrews Is My Hero!

In all seriousness, the Marlin is a great rifle, too. I own a Model 60, one of the best rifles ever made.
Brownings are nice, but in terms of quality AND accuarcy AND ruggedness, it's hard to beat the Marlin.
California sucks that's it.

april

possum anybody?
« Reply #4 on: October 12, 2004, 12:35:21 AM »
Yes, it is fun....but, it's more fun (IMO) to catch the buggers. But.....they don't eat good...blech. :D

Offline DIXIEBANJO

possum anybody?
« Reply #5 on: October 12, 2004, 07:50:39 AM »
april,you dont like grinners?How come?Bake them with sweet potatoes and a few slices of bacon on the back,and presto....thanksgiving dinner! :D Or just fry them in a pan of hog lard.

Offline john

possum anybody?
« Reply #6 on: October 12, 2004, 09:11:59 AM »
ewwww hoglard,,,images of my sister-in-law danced threw my head

april

possum anybody?
« Reply #7 on: October 12, 2004, 03:32:34 PM »
Dixie,
I've had em with sweet taters, had em roasted with onions and taters, ....even had em in a stew...but, it all boils down to: Them buggers are greasy. Plus...folks here corn feed there's, so, it takes for friggen ever just to have the bugger ready to eat. :?

Facebook Comments