October 19, 2017, 05:43:29 PM

Author Topic: New Deer Contest Topic  (Read 4424 times)

Offline Big58cal

• Global Moderator
  • Hardcore Carnivore with Gut Pile Style!
New Deer Contest Topic
« on: December 24, 2008, 12:02:30 PM »
OK folks, after going through the Deer Contest topic and trying to sort it out, this is what I've come up with so far.

Teams
J-BUCKS
Tenderfoot

Jenny
turkeynutz

SCHINK
Rookie in Kansas

Bowhuntr115
Meat Hunter #737

BigStrutter
MissStrutter

Did I miss anyone? ??? 

Bearman had said a couple of times that he would post a list of the prizes, but never did.  I'll rummage around through some of the boxes here and see what I can come up with and post the stuff here in a day or so.  He also said that he would post a link to the B&C web site where you could score your deer, but never did.

Below are links for both typical and nontypical whitetail deer sheets on the B&C web site that are totally automated.  All you have to do is put in your measurements and it will figure up the score.  Attached at the very bottom of this post are pdf files that you can save and/or print out of the score sheets.

Typical Whitetail Deer

Non-typical Whitetail Deer

As for the rules I was able to find (modified a little to eliminate the overlap of numbers):

Deer Scoring:
Button buck up to 110 B&C gross -- 5 pts
111 B&C gross up to 145 B&C gross -- 6 pts
146 B&C gross up to 200 B&C gross -- 7 pts
Does -- 2 pts each

Photo Scoring
Score for field pics, 1-4 pts
No blood and guts

We'll modify the picture scoring though. O0
NEW Photo Scoring Criteria
Each picture will get awarded 1 pt for each thing they do.
1 pt -- Picture of animal
1 pt -- Picture of you with the animal
1 pt -- Animal in natural setting (anything but hanging or in the back of a vehicle)
1 pt -- Minimal amount of blood on you and/or animal (no "blood bath")

Something that was mentioned but nothing ever came of it was coyotes. >:(  I hate 'em!!!!! :knuppel2 :tickedoff  Just about everyone sees them while you're hunting, and some are lucky enough to get one every now and then.  I also think that if you've got deer, you've got coyotes.  We'll add in coyotes as a BONUS half a point, with no limit on the number you can submit. O0

Each team is allowed to enter 2 bucks and 4 does.  Since it wasn't specified in the rules that each member had to enter a buck and 2 does to get the overall total of 2 and 4, we'll add to this.  It doesn't matter if 1 person or both people on the team enter the deer, each team is allowed to enter a maximum of 2 bucks and 4 does.  If all 6 of those deer come from one person on the team then it's OK. O0  Or it could be any combination between the 2 people, but the overall total can't go over 2 bucks and 4 does for the contest.

Does all of this sound OK?  Any suggestions on how or if the stuff should be modified to be a little more fair?  Now, since I AM going to be the one footing the bill on the contest, there may be a few little twists and turns with it (all in good fun of course!). :wink: ;D :twisted: :twisted: :twisted:

NOW..........  What I need each of you all to do that's in the contest is to post up the totals for what you've got so far so I can get a point total started.  I'll go back through the picture thread and score the pics in there.  If you got a critter but haven't posted the picture yet, do so. O0  I don't want anyone to be ashamed of anything they got or be afraid to post a picture of it for fear of how it will be scored or "the way" it will be scored. O0  Everything is outlined above on how points will be awarded.  The only variable will be the Big58cal factor. :twisted: ;D  Anyway, get to posting up what you got so we can figure everything out. O0

Questions, Comments, Concerns??.............. ??? ??? ???

Also, forgot to add.....  This is all on the honor system.  Even though everyone knows that hunters/fishers NEVER  stretch the truth any  :roll:  please don't do it in the contest.  This is meant to be fun people. O0  If you got to cheat to win a deer contest.................

« Last Edit: December 24, 2008, 12:12:32 PM by Big58cal »
The only purpose of bread is to hold meat!

John Andrews Is My Hero!

In all seriousness, the Marlin is a great rifle, too. I own a Model 60, one of the best rifles ever made.
Brownings are nice, but in terms of quality AND accuarcy AND ruggedness, it's hard to beat the Marlin.
California sucks that's it.

Offline BigStrutter

• Happiness is a 50 cal.
Re: New Deer Contest Topic
« Reply #1 on: December 24, 2008, 01:00:09 PM »
This all sounds good to me man. But just to clarify, NO PICS = NO POINTS correct????

If that is the case then all I have is my 6 point that I posted already and the 8 point I will post in a minute. I did get 2 does, but do not have pics of them. I wil do my best to get them measured this weekend while I am off.

Ned
Show a child the outdoors and you will show them the world.

FOREVER G540

Offline Big58cal

• Global Moderator
« Reply #2 on: December 24, 2008, 01:39:30 PM »
This all sounds good to me man. But just to clarify, NO PICS = NO POINTS correct????

If that is the case then all I have is my 6 point that I posted already and the 8 point I will post in a minute. I did get 2 does, but do not have pics of them. I wil do my best to get them measured this weekend while I am off.

Ned

No points for the "picture" portion of the contest, but they still count in the overall contest and are good for 2 pts each.

John Andrews Is My Hero!

In all seriousness, the Marlin is a great rifle, too. I own a Model 60, one of the best rifles ever made.
Brownings are nice, but in terms of quality AND accuarcy AND ruggedness, it's hard to beat the Marlin.

Offline Big58cal

• Global Moderator
« Reply #3 on: December 24, 2008, 07:16:33 PM »
From what I've been able to decipher from the 2 threads dealing with the contest, and going back through the pictures, here's where we stand so far.....

TEAM #1 ----- 2 Points Total
J-BUCKS
     1 Doe
          Deer - 2 pts
          Picture - 0 (no pic)

Tenderfoot
     No deer

TEAM #2 ----- 12 Points Total
Jenny
     1 Buck (7 pt)
          Deer - ? (no B&C score yet)
          Picture - 4 pts
          Bonus! - 1 pt for harvesting a deer that chews Union Station! :wink: ;D

turkeynutz
     1 Buck (Spike)
          Deer - 5 pts
          Picture - 0 (no pic)
     1 Doe
          Deer - 2 pts
          Picture - 0 (no pic)

TEAM #3 ----- 19 Points Total
SCHINK  (** Need to pick which buck you want to submit **)
     1 Buck (9 or 10 pt)
          Picture - 4 pts
          Bonus! - 1 pt for getting a monster with a bow!  O0
     1 Buck (8 pt)
          Picture - 4 pts
          Bonus! - 1 pt for braving the cold!  O0
     1 Doe
          Deer - 2 pts
          Picture - 0 (no pic)
     1 Doe
          Deer - 2 pts
          Picture - 0 (no pic)

Rookie in Kansas
     1 Buck (9 pt)
          Deer - 5 pts
          Picture - 4 pts
          Bonus! - 1 pt for getting a Brute! with a bow!  O0

TEAM #4 ----- 21 Points Total
Bowhuntr115
     1 Doe
          Deer - 2 pts
          Picture - 3 pts
          Bonus! - 1 pt for having the nerve to admit using a smokepole when having a user name of Bowhuntr!  ;D O0
     1 Buck (7 pt ?)
          Deer - 5 pts
          Picture - 3 pts

Meat Hunter #737
     1 Buck (7 pt)
          Picture - 4 pts
          Bonus! - 1 pt for using a shotgun!  O0
     1 Doe
          Deer - 2 pts
          Picture - 0 (no pic)

TEAM #5 ----- 9 Points Total
BigStutter
     1 Buck (6 pt)
          Picture - 4 pts
          Bonus! - 1 pt for baggin' a Monster 6 pt!  O0
     1 Buck (8 pt)
          Picture - 4 pts
          Bonus! - 1 pt for deer hunting in a short sleeve shirt in Nov. and having a 'Possum Grin on his face!  ;D O0
     1 Doe
          Deer - 2 pts
          Picture - 0 (no pic)
     1 Doe
          Deer - 2 pts
          Picture - 0 (no pic)

MissStrutter
     No Deer

Now before anyone starts getting all 'huffy' about the scores, they're not done yet!  This is just what I've got so far.  Ya' gotta have a starting point, right?  As more people post pictures and score their deer using the B&C web site, the scores will change.  If I don't have a deer listed for you, let me know and post your picture (if you've got one). O0  Everyone will get at least 1 Bonus point, depending upon what I can decide to commend/criticize you on! ;D O0  I went ahead and entered scores for some of the bucks because I know they won't score over 110 B&C, or the person had already posted the deer's score.

Again, the total deer will be per team, with a total of 2 bucks and 4 does being allowed. O0

John Andrews Is My Hero!

Offline BigStrutter

• Happiness is a 50 cal.
« Reply #4 on: December 24, 2008, 07:21:51 PM »
That all looks awesome to me man, and by looking at the points it will be an honor to pass the torch to this years winner! O0  :'(

I don't think my B&C scores are gonna help me that much. ;D

Ned

FOREVER G540

Offline BigStrutter

• Happiness is a 50 cal.
« Reply #5 on: December 24, 2008, 07:42:27 PM »
Ok I just scored the broken racked 8 point. It totaled up 84 1/8 that's right baby a monster 84 1/8" NC buck!!!!!!!!! ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D

You can add the 6 3/8 deductions back on if you want to, I won't care!!!!!! ;D ;D

Ned
« Last Edit: December 24, 2008, 07:48:16 PM by BigStrutter »

FOREVER G540

Offline Big58cal

• Global Moderator
« Reply #6 on: December 24, 2008, 10:59:26 PM »
Ok I just scored the broken racked 8 point. It totaled up 84 1/8 that's right baby a monster 84 1/8" NC buck!!!!!!!!! ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D

You can add the 6 3/8 deductions back on if you want to, I won't care!!!!!! ;D ;D

Ned

Hey man, that's better than I got this year! O0  The main this is that you got out there and had fun and put some meat in the freezer. O0  BTW, what did your 6 score? ???

John Andrews Is My Hero!

Offline Bowhuntr115

• Gut Pile Club Member
« Reply #7 on: December 25, 2008, 05:41:00 AM »
Everything looks great BC. O0 Thanks for stepping up to make the contest fair and most of all FUN! :) Especially like the bonus points to add your own personal touch. O0
" Now therefore take, I pray thee, thy weapons, thy quiver and thy bow, and go out to the field, and take me some venison. GEN 27:3 "

Offline Meat Hunter #737

« Reply #8 on: December 25, 2008, 10:52:56 AM »
Holy Sh*t.... team 4 is in the lead....... I just posted a pic of my doe in the other thread and will score the buck this afternoon...going to leave for parents in about an hour.... Merry Christmas to all...  O0
your mission if you choose to accept it, is to go through the boiler maker to get to the Gut Pile Style

Offline BigStrutter

• Happiness is a 50 cal.
« Reply #9 on: December 25, 2008, 03:21:52 PM »
Sorry BC, the 6 is at the office so I will score it Monday!!

Ned

FOREVER G540

Facebook Comments