November 24, 2017, 07:12:41 PM

Author Topic: 2009 Turkey contest  (Read 4969 times)

turkeynutz

2009 Turkey contest
« on: December 29, 2008, 10:23:47 PM »
Is it happening this year or what? Im getten ready for the spring already.  O0

Offline Big58cal

• Global Moderator
  • Hardcore Carnivore with Gut Pile Style!
Re: 2009 Turkey contest
« Reply #1 on: December 30, 2008, 10:14:00 AM »
Is it happening this year or what? Im getten ready for the spring already.  O0

OK, you want to sponsor it? ??? :wink:
The only purpose of bread is to hold meat!

John Andrews Is My Hero!

In all seriousness, the Marlin is a great rifle, too. I own a Model 60, one of the best rifles ever made.
Brownings are nice, but in terms of quality AND accuarcy AND ruggedness, it's hard to beat the Marlin.
California sucks that's it.

turkeynutz

« Reply #2 on: January 01, 2009, 10:53:29 AM »
Hey thats a good idea. Polished cow pies for the winner.  ;D ;D

Offline Meat Hunter #737

« Reply #3 on: January 01, 2009, 01:47:49 PM »
I got to thinking........First off, a huge Thank You is in order for GutPiles and BigCal for putting up for GPS's Contests so far,  O0 but around here (locally) we have contests (deer, coyote, fishing) but there is always an entry fee...I really dont think that entrants on this site would mind sending a check or money order to either GP or BC (or whomever wishes to sponsor the contest) for say $5 or $10 upon entering contests.....I mean we have had a decent turnout for such contests in the past....just throwing the idea around.... anyway our turkey season opens in May... but right now I'm waiting for ice to form to hit the hardwater..........Happy New Year all.....................
your mission if you choose to accept it, is to go through the boiler maker to get to the Gut Pile Style

turkeynutz

« Reply #4 on: January 15, 2009, 07:19:53 PM »
I got to thinking........First off, a huge Thank You is in order for GutPiles and BigCal for putting up for GPS's Contests so far,  O0 but around here (locally) we have contests (deer, coyote, fishing) but there is always an entry fee...I really dont think that entrants on this site would mind sending a check or money order to either GP or BC (or whomever wishes to sponsor the contest) for say $5 or $10 upon entering contests.....I mean we have had a decent turnout for such contests in the past....just throwing the idea around.... anyway our turkey season opens in May... but right now I'm waiting for ice to form to hit the hardwater..........Happy New Year all.....................
Thats not a bad idea there. All we do around here is fishen tourni's.

Offline Big58cal

• Global Moderator
« Reply #5 on: January 16, 2009, 10:29:19 AM »
You guys figure it out, preferably BEFORE THE SEASON STARTS on whether or not you want to have a contest, who wants to be in it, and what you would be willing to put up for it ($0, $5, $10, $15, $20, etc).  Once we've got a little more info, we'll be able to see what we can do. O0
The only purpose of bread is to hold meat!

John Andrews Is My Hero!

In all seriousness, the Marlin is a great rifle, too. I own a Model 60, one of the best rifles ever made.
Brownings are nice, but in terms of quality AND accuarcy AND ruggedness, it's hard to beat the Marlin.
California sucks that's it.

Offline nOnAmE

• GP's New Project.... ; )
  • TurkeyNutz' Stunt Double
« Reply #6 on: January 16, 2009, 09:07:02 PM »
I briefly checked out some MI turkey info at the supermarket and I was somewhat befuddled by it. ???  From what I could make of it...there is some kinda draw?  Does that mean you can't just go and out hunt teh turkeys, at will?  If so, what kinda crap is that?!?! :tickedoff
Well, I suppose I don't really know how to find a turkey anyways. :sad:

turkeynutz

« Reply #7 on: January 16, 2009, 10:35:12 PM »
Yep, you got to pay attention to some states regs. They are tricky. In Texas, you get the most kills (4)but pay more than any other state I have found. Okla. is high for out of staters too and you get (3). Missouri you get two but only one the first week, and/or one a day the next two weeks. Kansas is two and you can double in one day. Okla. changed their regs to where you can triple in one day but you have to watch your counties. Some are one, some are two and some is none. Kansas 1-2-3 areas for out of staters and area 4 is in state and drawl, unless they changed it again. Nebraska was one out of state when I hunted it, but I think they changed it to 2 now.

Offline nOnAmE

• GP's New Project.... ; )
  • TurkeyNutz' Stunt Double
« Reply #8 on: January 16, 2009, 10:46:30 PM »
So many laws and regs everywhere! :-\  How do they expect a new hunter to get into it?  I'm always so nervous that I'm doing something wrong and am gonna get pwned by teh DNR. :sad:

turkeynutz

« Reply #9 on: January 16, 2009, 10:54:31 PM »
I got busted once in Kansas. We went on a place that was posted for walk in hunting. And unknown to us, it was just the corn feild not the timber around it.
I got off cuz I whipped out the state map with all the walk in areas marked and the Sheriff couldnt argue with that. If you get up in northern Kansas, you will run into several Law Dogs that hunt in those areas. Found out where we were, he hunted that property! >:( And we stayed on the feild the next morn. and called em away from them, got our double and headed home. ;D O0

Facebook Comments