November 19, 2017, 02:41:51 PM

Author Topic: 2009 Turkey contest  (Read 4966 times)

Offline J-BUCKS

• Gut Pile Guide
Re: 2009 Turkey contest
« Reply #20 on: February 18, 2009, 08:38:19 AM »
I haven't Turkey hunted in 20 years, but I found several birds this last fall and I think I will try to get one this spring. We can take 3 toms, so if there is going to be a contest, Just put me with whoever wants a true rookie and I'll see what I can come up with.

Offline Big58cal

• Global Moderator
  • Hardcore Carnivore with Gut Pile Style!
« Reply #21 on: February 18, 2009, 09:45:56 AM »
I haven't Turkey hunted in 20 years, but I found several birds this last fall and I think I will try to get one this spring. We can take 3 toms, so if there is going to be a contest, Just put me with whoever wants a true rookie and I'll see what I can come up with.

Look at it like this, you can't do any worse than Tenderfoot did in the deer contest. ;D  And he's a "seasoned" deer hunter! :shock: ;D ;D ;D
The only purpose of bread is to hold meat!

John Andrews Is My Hero!

In all seriousness, the Marlin is a great rifle, too. I own a Model 60, one of the best rifles ever made.
Brownings are nice, but in terms of quality AND accuarcy AND ruggedness, it's hard to beat the Marlin.
California sucks that's it.

Offline J-BUCKS

• Gut Pile Guide
« Reply #22 on: February 18, 2009, 10:16:33 AM »
LOL! you got that right BC! The last time I hunted turkeys was 1992. I killed the one and only turkey I have ever killed. Figured I would try to get them again since I now have you guys to make fun of me when I pull all of my rookie mistakes! Actually I have a freind that is going to help me out this year with the calling and with decoys. Gonna try to get back up to speed with this hunting as quick as possible. Just as long as they corporate then it will be fun! If I do get one, I will need all of the input from this site as to how to cook it up! The couple of times I have ate wild turkey, it was horrible!

Offline Big58cal

• Global Moderator
« Reply #23 on: February 18, 2009, 12:23:18 PM »
Yeah, if it tasted bad, you didn't cook it right. O0
The only purpose of bread is to hold meat!

John Andrews Is My Hero!

In all seriousness, the Marlin is a great rifle, too. I own a Model 60, one of the best rifles ever made.
Brownings are nice, but in terms of quality AND accuarcy AND ruggedness, it's hard to beat the Marlin.
California sucks that's it.

Offline Rookie in Kansas

• Gut Pile Club Member
« Reply #24 on: February 18, 2009, 06:54:30 PM »
I'm up for the contest and sending in some bucks for this too.  Just pity the fool that gets me since I am still a turkey virgin............. :tickedoff
Shoot straight and dropem where they stand!

Offline BigStrutter

• Happiness is a 50 cal.
« Reply #25 on: February 19, 2009, 07:46:03 AM »
I got to thinking, I know scary, but will we get a refund? Cause if I remember correctly there were no kills posted last year in this. Everybody struck out. ;D ;D  Just wondering, or we can let the money carry over into a summer time groundhog contest! O0

Ned
Show a child the outdoors and you will show them the world.

FOREVER G540

turkeynutz

« Reply #26 on: February 19, 2009, 09:21:50 AM »
That was because I wasnt allowed to partake in the event! :tickedoff

Offline Meat Hunter #737

« Reply #27 on: February 19, 2009, 12:24:44 PM »
I'm in, even though I struck out with the turkeys last year...I did see and hear a few but couldnt get them within range...it was still very intense...
your mission if you choose to accept it, is to go through the boiler maker to get to the Gut Pile Style

Offline Techno

• Thats right!
« Reply #28 on: February 19, 2009, 12:25:28 PM »
I'm down.This will be my first try at turkey killing...I just hope this contst goes over like the deer contst and not the gnads contest  ;D ;D ;D

Offline Jenny

• Happyness is a warm gun!
    • Foggy Bottom Girls
« Reply #29 on: February 19, 2009, 02:11:18 PM »
These are mine from last year

And the year before:

But no pressure guys,  ;D  ;D  ;D
Jenny - Whosoever is delighted in solitude is either a wild beast or a God. -Francis Bacon Sr.

Facebook Comments