November 25, 2017, 04:24:22 AM

Author Topic: Oprah Winfrey: PETA Person of the Year  (Read 982 times)

Offline Big58cal

• Global Moderator
  • Hardcore Carnivore with Gut Pile Style!
Oprah Winfrey: PETA Person of the Year
« on: January 03, 2009, 09:07:17 AM »
Oprah Winfrey: PETA Person of the Year

On December 22, 2008 PETA named talk show megastar Oprah Winfrey as its “Person of the Year.” According to Ingrid E. Newkirk, PETA’s founder and President, Ms. Winfrey has offered her “powerful voice to defend those without one.”

As part of Ms. Winfrey’s winning this dubious distinction from PETA, she will receive a plaque and a letter of appreciation. In April this year, an episode of her show was dedicated to her late, 13- year old cocker spaniel, Sophie.

Thus far, there has been no official comment from Ms. Winfrey on her new award.

Courtesy of the US Sportsmen's Alliance - http://www.ussportsmen.org//Page.aspx?pid=1732&srctid=1&erid=1891761

The only purpose of bread is to hold meat!

John Andrews Is My Hero!

In all seriousness, the Marlin is a great rifle, too. I own a Model 60, one of the best rifles ever made.
Brownings are nice, but in terms of quality AND accuarcy AND ruggedness, it's hard to beat the Marlin.
California sucks that's it.

Offline goclimbarock007

• Gut Pile Club Member
  • I reject your reality and substitute my own.
Re: Oprah Winfrey: PETA Person of the Year
« Reply #1 on: January 03, 2009, 12:22:46 PM »
Can I dedicate a show to a certain late 5 year old deer? Would that get me the award? ;D

Offline Worshingtonian

• Gut Pile Club Member
  • Too weird to live, and too rare to die.
Re: Oprah Winfrey: PETA Person of the Year
« Reply #2 on: January 04, 2009, 03:41:38 PM »
I thought PETA was against pets. But I also though they were against killing animals.
I'm a dude playin a dude disguised as another dude

" I am not in this world to live up to your expectations and neither are you here to live up to mine"

Facebook Comments