October 18, 2017, 08:47:15 AM

Author Topic: Howdy from Texas  (Read 1488 times)

Offline texpack

Howdy from Texas
« on: January 03, 2009, 01:45:10 PM »
   This looked like an interesting place with like minded peple . I like hunting turkey , varmints ,deer  , and anything else that leaves a gut pile .
   Deer season just ended here so what is everyone else going to be hunting in there neck of the woods ?

turkeynutz

Re: Howdy from Texas
« Reply #1 on: January 03, 2009, 03:40:25 PM »
You bet its a good place to be! ;D Welcome to the pile. O0

Offline Big58cal

• Global Moderator
  • Hardcore Carnivore with Gut Pile Style!
« Reply #2 on: January 03, 2009, 05:39:48 PM »
Glad to have you around The Pile texpack. O0  This is a pretty unique little place. :idiot2  We all talk hunting, fishing, guns, etc., but no one is really "obsessed" with it to the point that they can't relax and have a little fun.  We have a good time, and actually talk a little hunting along the way (believe it or not). :shock:  ;D ;D ;D

Stay away from John's cooking ( :buck2 ) and only believe about 1/4 of what he tells you, make sure you stay upwind of Plott (his next bath isn't for another month or two), and have patience with turkeynutz ( :idiot2  :uglystupid2 ).  We're required by law to have him on here.  Something about mental disabilities or something like that......

Get you a good set of wadders and pull a log up to the fire. O0 ;D ;D :D

The only purpose of bread is to hold meat!

John Andrews Is My Hero!

In all seriousness, the Marlin is a great rifle, too. I own a Model 60, one of the best rifles ever made.
Brownings are nice, but in terms of quality AND accuarcy AND ruggedness, it's hard to beat the Marlin.
California sucks that's it.

Offline Juandogg

• When in Doubt DTFB
« Reply #3 on: January 03, 2009, 09:05:03 PM »
welcome to the pile  dont worry ya get a 2 day grace period before the sticks come out  :twisted:
It takes patience to break a good hound. Ya gotta be persistent and it helps to be a lil smarter then the dog.

Offline goclimbarock007

• Gut Pile Club Member
  • I reject your reality and substitute my own.
« Reply #4 on: January 03, 2009, 10:51:53 PM »
What part of Tx? I'm in Fort Worth.

Offline Big58cal

• Global Moderator
« Reply #5 on: January 03, 2009, 11:07:45 PM »
welcome to the pile  dont worry ya get a 2 day grace period before the sticks come out  :twisted:

Typical Plott fashion............. :roll: :roll: :roll:  Trying to poach before the "season" opens. :knuppel2 :knuppel2  It's a 2 week grace period there Plott. :roll:

What he's talking about texpack is we give the newbies a 2 week grace period before we start poking them with any sharp sticks.  It's just a little more sporting that way. ;D :twisted:  Now the 2 weeks is only conditional provided that the newbie doesn't throw the first jab.  If so, then it negates the grace period. O0 :twisted: ;D

The only purpose of bread is to hold meat!

John Andrews Is My Hero!

In all seriousness, the Marlin is a great rifle, too. I own a Model 60, one of the best rifles ever made.
Brownings are nice, but in terms of quality AND accuarcy AND ruggedness, it's hard to beat the Marlin.
California sucks that's it.

Offline MOSPARKY

• Global Moderator
« Reply #6 on: January 04, 2009, 12:09:40 AM »
Welcome to the Pile Texpack. While we are about the warnings, you'll be needing to sign a release before you start trying most any of BC's recipes and a quick review of your last will and testament might be in order. The food is good, maybe a little too good, but not good for you.
 And don't worry too much about that female sasquach, she's only got eyes for Tech.
John Andrews is my hero !

Deer Hunting Today - Powered By Gut Pile Style:  The source for Whitetail Deer Hunting - Anti Peta - Squirrel Hunting - Bow Hunting - Bear Hunting - Coon Hunting - Fishing - Firearms - Outdoor News - Cleaning Game -  fishing and more at www.gutpilestyle.comwww.DeerHuntingToday.com www.WildChildHuntingWear.com

because huntin' ain't catch and release

Offline John Andrews

• Global Moderator
  • "If it bleeds....We can kill it!" ANDREWS
« Reply #7 on: January 04, 2009, 05:50:31 PM »
Welcome to the pack, texpack! Don't pay attention to plott, he's into poodles and hog riding. And, I bet he actually likes my camp cooking and accounts of my earlier life when I was young and dirt had yet to be invented.
Hunting Discussion Forum and Chat on Whitetail Deer Hunting- Bow Hunting- Muzzleloader Hunting- Fishing- Firearms- Outdoor News- Cleaning Game- Deer Pictures- Fish Pictures and more at www.gutpilestyle.com !

Offline Juandogg

• When in Doubt DTFB
« Reply #8 on: January 04, 2009, 08:25:53 PM »
I bet he actually likes my camp cooking
actually it reminds me of some scenes from CMTS 12 days of redneck christmas     the part where they are drivin around lookin fer roadkilled possum  ;D ;D
It takes patience to break a good hound. Ya gotta be persistent and it helps to be a lil smarter then the dog.

Offline John Andrews

• Global Moderator
  • "If it bleeds....We can kill it!" ANDREWS
« Reply #9 on: January 05, 2009, 09:39:20 AM »
actually it reminds me of some scenes from CMTS 12 days of redneck christmas     the part where they are drivin around lookin fer roadkilled possum  ;D ;D
And just WHAT'S WRONG with THAT?  :wink: Fresh meat is fresh meat.  :roll:  ;D
Hunting Discussion Forum and Chat on Whitetail Deer Hunting- Bow Hunting- Muzzleloader Hunting- Fishing- Firearms- Outdoor News- Cleaning Game- Deer Pictures- Fish Pictures and more at www.gutpilestyle.com !

Facebook Comments