November 17, 2017, 12:18:31 PM

Author Topic: Sea Kitten High?  (Read 1079 times)

Offline goclimbarock007

• Gut Pile Club Member
  • I reject your reality and substitute my own.
Sea Kitten High?
« on: January 15, 2009, 10:58:15 AM »
http://www.aberdeennews.com/apps/pbcs.dll/article?AID=%2F20090110%2FFRONTPAGE%2F901100332%2F-1%2FRSS02&rssfeed=RSS02

SPEARFISH - The activist animal rights group People for the Ethical Treatment of Animals has asked school officials to change the name of Spearfish High School to ''Sea Kitten High School.''

The new name would ''reflect the gentle nature of its current marine namesake,'' the organization said in a letter to Steve Morford, Spearfish High School principal.

PETA said the letter is part of a new Sea Kitten campaign aimed at children.

If children were taught to refer to fish as ''sea kittens,'' reflecting that fish, like cats and dogs, are ''individuals'' that ''do have friendships,'' fewer fish might be killed for food or sport, said Pulin Modi, a PETA spokesman.

''We want people to realize that more fish are killed each year than all animals combined,'' he said. ''They don't have the sympathy of more popular animals like cats and dogs.''

Morford said he did not want to share his feelings about PETA.

''Obviously, it's nothing we're taking seriously,'' he said.

Spearfish students have access to the Internet at school and had started talking about the request.

''It's so illogical that it's hard to comprehend it,'' senior Zach Retzl said. ''I really don't think any student would necessarily go for that.''

Spearfish High School is just named the same as its town and doesn't promote hunting or fishing, he said.

''I would say it probably has something to do with Native Americans and what they did to hunt for food to survive,'' Retzl said.

''Most parents would never dream of spending a family weekend torturing kittens, but hooking fish through their mouths and pulling them through the water is just as painful as hooking a cat's mouth and dragging him or her behind a car,'' Dan Shannon, whose title was listed as executive director, wrote in the letter to Morford that was posted online by the Black Hills Pioneer.

''We're hoping that this name change will encourage people young and old to start treating these gentle ''kittens of the sea' with respect and show them the kindness that they deserve. We hope that Spearfish High School will start off the semester right by changing its name to Sea Kitten High School.''

How stupid do they get?   :uglystupid2

Offline nOnAmE

• GP's New Project.... ; )
  • Hardcore Carnivore with Gut Pile Style!
  • TurkeyNutz' Stunt Double
Re: Sea Kitten High?
« Reply #1 on: January 15, 2009, 11:29:58 AM »
Seriously?  Sea Kitten? :uglystupid2 It's like they want our kids to get their asses kicked.

One things for sure...I'd have no problem eating a fish kitten!
A real kitten?  It might be difficult...but I'd try it.  O0

Fish Kitten...Hey I just found my new slang term for female genitalia! :shock:

turkeynutz

« Reply #2 on: January 15, 2009, 12:09:15 PM »
Fish Kitten...Hey I just found my new slang term for female genitalia! :shock:
[/quote] Like you are getten any! ;D ;D ;D ;D :uglystupid2 :D

Offline ellwoodjake

• Global Moderator
  • Hardcore Carnivore with Gut Pile Style!
  • CHASING (cotton)TAIL
    • http://www.tw200forum.com
« Reply #3 on: January 16, 2009, 08:46:28 AM »
"Sea Kitten", huh. I'll bet John's mouth is watering for seafood about now. ;D
(\__/)
(='.'=) Salad isn't food-it's what food eats!!
(")_(")
Deer Hunting Today - Powered By Gut Pile Style:  The source for Whitetail Deer Hunting - Anti Peta - Squirrel Hunting - Bow Hunting - Bear Hunting - Coon Hunting - Fishing - Firearms - Outdoor News - Cleaning Game -  fishing and more at www.gutpilestyle.comwww.DeerHuntingToday.com www.WildChildHuntingWear.com

Facebook Comments