November 24, 2017, 10:01:16 AM

Author Topic: Anyone getten excited yet?  (Read 3324 times)

Offline Jenny

• Hardcore Carnivore with Gut Pile Style!
  • Happyness is a warm gun!
    • Foggy Bottom Girls
Re: Anyone getten excited yet?
« Reply #20 on: January 19, 2009, 11:14:07 AM »
I shot a 12 guage 2 3/4 inch with a  modified barrel for everything! I killed a big Tom a couple of years back with it, we took the range finder to it, it ended up being 44 yards!
Noname if thats all you got, then use it and let the birds get closer, but make sure you aim for the head!  O0
Jenny - Whosoever is delighted in solitude is either a wild beast or a God. -Francis Bacon Sr.

turkeynutz

« Reply #21 on: January 19, 2009, 02:58:10 PM »
Your right Jen. If thats all you got it will work.

Offline nOnAmE

• GP's New Project.... ; )
  • TurkeyNutz' Stunt Double
« Reply #22 on: January 19, 2009, 07:09:05 PM »
Hmmm...seriously?  I'm not sure if I will get a chance to take hunters safety before the turkey application deadline though. :-\

turkeynutz

« Reply #23 on: January 19, 2009, 07:17:52 PM »
Call your Dept. of Wildlife and see where they are taking them or if you can do em on-line.

Offline BigStrutter

• Happiness is a 50 cal.
« Reply #24 on: February 18, 2009, 08:27:29 AM »
Hey nOnAmE, get off your arse and go take the course.  :knuppel2 :knuppel2

Federal makes a turkey load with a flight control wadding system. Stuff actually works pretty good. But like Jenny said. Buy the shells and go to the range, start at 20 yards then move out to 30 and so on. Once you get to where you don't have at least 20-30 pellets in the head and neck area of the turkey target that will be your max range. Now 20-30 pellets is my personal preference but I believe you owe it to the turkey to have a max range you are confident in and can have a clean kill at. Long shots are doable but not the norm. Most of my turkeys have been under 30 yards, with one 62 yard exception! :shock: ;D ;D

Ned
Show a child the outdoors and you will show them the world.

FOREVER G540

Facebook Comments