November 19, 2017, 09:02:27 AM

Author Topic: curdogs  (Read 1836 times)

Offline curdawgs1976

curdogs
« on: January 22, 2009, 09:40:25 PM »
Hey fellas i havent been on in a while so i have been going thru some old posts and have noticed that alot of you are either down on the curs or think they are only squirrel dogs all i do with mine is coon hunt and not so much this season due to my work schedule and family obligations but as a general rule i kill well over 100 coons every season in middle TN and you areall welcome to stop by and bring your curs,  hounds ,feists,shepards,or whatever else you hunt because i love to see good ones go and don't care what color,breed,shape,size,or sex(even tho i prefer females) also can anyone please pm me and tell me how to get on to the live chat thanks for reading

Offline John Andrews

• Global Moderator
  • Hardcore Carnivore with Gut Pile Style!
  • "If it bleeds....We can kill it!" ANDREWS
Re: curdogs
« Reply #1 on: January 23, 2009, 10:02:17 AM »
Great to see you here, curdawg! Nice invite of yours, too. O0
I like the way to think about the cur dogs, some of my favorite dogs. I have a pal that water trials cur dogs. He was asking me a couple of days ago where he could buy another cur dog.
We don't see many cur dogs here in SE Iowa. GPS members plott and AB are cur dog experts and the guys to talk to.  :wink:
Hunting Discussion Forum and Chat on Whitetail Deer Hunting- Bow Hunting- Muzzleloader Hunting- Fishing- Firearms- Outdoor News- Cleaning Game- Deer Pictures- Fish Pictures and more at www.gutpilestyle.com !

turkeynutz

« Reply #2 on: January 23, 2009, 07:46:44 PM »
My cuz uses calahoolies to coon hunt and pig hunt. I think they are more of curdogs than he claims though. ;D ;D

Offline Juandogg

• When in Doubt DTFB
« Reply #3 on: January 24, 2009, 04:14:10 PM »
them danm cur dogs is more trouble then their worth  :tickedoff I mean who wants a dog that always catchs game  >:( all those walks carryin critters gets tiring  ;D ;D
It takes patience to break a good hound. Ya gotta be persistent and it helps to be a lil smarter then the dog.

Offline curdawgs1976

« Reply #4 on: January 24, 2009, 06:25:50 PM »
hey plottdog i dont always catch game like the other night we got after something with 2 young dogs that waseven too fast for a curdog to catch ha ha but most of the time we do wind up having to pack out a bandit or 2 i am just glad we have small coons around here lol

Offline Juandogg

• When in Doubt DTFB
« Reply #5 on: January 24, 2009, 06:59:39 PM »
hey plottdog i dont always catch game like the other night we got after something with 2 young dogs that waseven too fast for a curdog to catch ha ha
thats why I got plotts to help the curs out       the curs find the yotes and the plotts run em down  :twisted:  to bad their supposed to be coon and hog dogs  ;D ;D
It takes patience to break a good hound. Ya gotta be persistent and it helps to be a lil smarter then the dog.

Offline curdawgs1976

« Reply #6 on: January 31, 2009, 07:26:31 PM »
i wish i had about three good shur nuff coyote dogs we are sure covered up with them i used to know an older gent who kept a bunch of running walkers and julys and he would kill them yotes like rabbits with buckshot i think that would be a HOOT but the great part was if he didnt get them the dogs would just run them down and kill them that would be AWESOME to qoute my 3 year old ha ha

Offline Techno

• Thats right!
« Reply #7 on: March 03, 2009, 03:54:48 PM »
i wish i had about three good shur nuff coyote dogs we are sure covered up with them i used to know an older gent who kept a bunch of running walkers and julys and he would kill them yotes like rabbits with buckshot i think that would be a HOOT but the great part was if he didnt get them the dogs would just run them down and kill them that would be AWESOME to qoute my 3 year old ha ha

These boys around here do not carry guns.The dogs catch and kill the yotes.I just talked to one fellow who has ran and killed 60 with dogs only this season.I hate coyotes more than...well I just hate them a ton  ;D ;D

Facebook Comments