November 19, 2017, 04:29:20 PM

Author Topic: Joined the ranks  (Read 4603 times)

Offline MOSPARKY

• Global Moderator
  • Hardcore Carnivore with Gut Pile Style!
Re: Joined the ranks
« Reply #10 on: January 26, 2009, 11:20:18 PM »
I never read his books yet, but I do try to catch as many of his shows as I can. I have to admit, I'm impressed. He rehabs alot of dog/owner relationships and dog/dog issues that I would have settled with a 22 in the ear.
John Andrews is my hero !

Deer Hunting Today - Powered By Gut Pile Style:  The source for Whitetail Deer Hunting - Anti Peta - Squirrel Hunting - Bow Hunting - Bear Hunting - Coon Hunting - Fishing - Firearms - Outdoor News - Cleaning Game -  fishing and more at www.gutpilestyle.comwww.DeerHuntingToday.com www.WildChildHuntingWear.com

because huntin' ain't catch and release

Offline Jenny

• Happyness is a warm gun!
    • Foggy Bottom Girls
« Reply #11 on: January 27, 2009, 09:04:41 AM »
Caesar is great with dogs, just wish the shhh! thing worked on my dogs, lol ;D
Jenny - Whosoever is delighted in solitude is either a wild beast or a God. -Francis Bacon Sr.

Offline Big58cal

• Global Moderator
« Reply #12 on: January 27, 2009, 11:25:13 AM »
BC you sound so bitter.Did you not get your dinner tonight  ;D ;D

Nope, just saying that you may not be the best person to listen to when it comes to pitbulls given your track record with them.  Other people's care and habits with their dogs may not meet up to your standards, but the dogs and owners seem to be happy, which to me is the main thing.
The only purpose of bread is to hold meat!

John Andrews Is My Hero!

In all seriousness, the Marlin is a great rifle, too. I own a Model 60, one of the best rifles ever made.
Brownings are nice, but in terms of quality AND accuarcy AND ruggedness, it's hard to beat the Marlin.
California sucks that's it.

Offline Techno

• Thats right!
« Reply #13 on: January 27, 2009, 01:07:53 PM »
Nope, just saying that you may not be the best person to listen to when it comes to pitbulls given your track record with them.  Other people's care and habits with their dogs may not meet up to your standards, but the dogs and owners seem to be happy, which to me is the main thing.

Still bitter...what no breakfast either  ;D ;D

Good grief man eat some food  ;D ;D ;D

Offline Juandogg

• When in Doubt DTFB
« Reply #14 on: January 27, 2009, 06:58:36 PM »
seems if thats the qualifactions maybe I shouldnt give advice on hounds
It takes patience to break a good hound. Ya gotta be persistent and it helps to be a lil smarter then the dog.

Offline Jenny

• Happyness is a warm gun!
    • Foggy Bottom Girls
« Reply #15 on: January 28, 2009, 09:59:53 AM »
Keep your arms and heads in the car while the ride is in motion!  :twisted:
Jenny - Whosoever is delighted in solitude is either a wild beast or a God. -Francis Bacon Sr.

Offline Techno

• Thats right!
« Reply #16 on: February 17, 2009, 01:22:59 PM »
KS how are thos bulldog pups doing?

Offline Ks_Sniper

• Global Moderator
« Reply #17 on: February 17, 2009, 01:39:00 PM »
They're great! I know the Mrs. has put videos of them on youtube and I'll see if I can find the vids, but my camera is dead and I haven't replaced the battery yet.

Jasper is gonna be a big dog. He's quite playful and really smart. Bella is smaller, but dominant. What she lacks in Jasper's brute strength, she makes up for in skills. She always seems to be able to whip poor Jasper when they wrestle and he HATES it. More than once, he'll bark at her when they stop wrestling and he knows he's been beat by his sister. ;D She's also always able to take whatever he has out of his mouth and goad him into trying to take it back.

They're good dogs and already part of the family. The only problems we're having is that neither of them is quite potty trained. They do well, but only rarely will they let us know when they need to go out. I'm still trying to figure that part out. Do I teach them to shake hands when they gotta go? Install a bell near the back door for them to ring when they gotta go? I'm not sure... What do you folks do? Also, Bella never quite pees all she can when she goes out and it's not uncommon for her to come in and pee again ten minutes later. Sometimes it's on the carpet, sometimes it's on the stone or wood flooring.
When I was a child, I lived as a child. When I became a man, I put away my childish things and became a Gutpiler!

Hunting Discussion Forum and Chat on Whitetail Deer Hunting - Anti Peta - Squirrel Hunting - Bow Hunting - Bear Hunting - Coon Hunting - Fishing - Firearms - Outdoor News - Cleaning Game -  17 hmr info and more at www.gutpilestyle.com ! http://www.camouflagenation.com http://www.thehuntingfiles.com  http://wildchildhuntingwear.com  http://www.isquirrelhunt.com http://www.iwhitetailhunt.com http://www.icoonhunt.com

Offline Big58cal

• Global Moderator
« Reply #18 on: February 17, 2009, 01:52:57 PM »
They're great! I know the Mrs. has put videos of them on youtube and I'll see if I can find the vids, but my camera is dead and I haven't replaced the battery yet.

Jasper is gonna be a big dog. He's quite playful and really smart. Bella is smaller, but dominant. What she lacks in Jasper's brute strength, she makes up for in skills. She always seems to be able to whip poor Jasper when they wrestle and he HATES it. More than once, he'll bark at her when they stop wrestling and he knows he's been beat by his sister. ;D She's also always able to take whatever he has out of his mouth and goad him into trying to take it back.

They're good dogs and already part of the family. The only problems we're having is that neither of them is quite potty trained. They do well, but only rarely will they let us know when they need to go out. I'm still trying to figure that part out. Do I teach them to shake hands when they gotta go? Install a bell near the back door for them to ring when they gotta go? I'm not sure... What do you folks do? Also, Bella never quite pees all she can when she goes out and it's not uncommon for her to come in and pee again ten minutes later. Sometimes it's on the carpet, sometimes it's on the stone or wood flooring.

If they get used to going outside to go to the bathroom, they'll let you know when they've got to go. O0  Ours will start to pace, will come and stare at us, or stare at us and then blow when they've got to go. ;D
The only purpose of bread is to hold meat!

John Andrews Is My Hero!

In all seriousness, the Marlin is a great rifle, too. I own a Model 60, one of the best rifles ever made.
Brownings are nice, but in terms of quality AND accuarcy AND ruggedness, it's hard to beat the Marlin.
California sucks that's it.

Offline Techno

• Thats right!
« Reply #19 on: February 17, 2009, 01:55:34 PM »
Man with hard headed dogs it's not easy to get things through to them.Two Bits was on a chain untill 11 months old.I got her at 7 months old.She is pretty shy at times so I never got rough with her...with Spook all it took was shaking him by the scruff,as the momma dog does, and scolded with NO!

I stuck with persistance and the simple loud NO! and took her directly outside alone.Every time she was outside and went.I acted like I won the lotto.I made a huge deal out of it.It took a month of that and she got it in her hard little head she had to go outside.

Be creative and be manipulative...throw in consistant and your efforts will not be wasted!

Di you get any papers?I'm interested to see what bloodline/s they may be from.All of the different bloodlines are known for certain traits etc etc..
That will help see what your dealing with as far as genetic traits.

Facebook Comments