October 18, 2017, 04:35:49 PM

Author Topic: Finished the season on a disapointing note (overview of my season)  (Read 1081 times)

Offline Meat Hunter #737

• Hardcore Carnivore with Gut Pile Style!
Re: Finished the season on a disapointing note (overview of my season)
« Reply #10 on: January 22, 2009, 11:45:32 AM »
that is why it is called hunting, and not killing...same as fishing, and not catching...I have had dry seasons, and missed deer, but once I focused more on the fact that getting out of the house, and enjoying nature was my motivation, that I started to see more deer, and my confidence in making shots greatly improved....its kinda zen-like
your mission if you choose to accept it, is to go through the boiler maker to get to the Gut Pile Style

Offline John Andrews

• Global Moderator
  • "If it bleeds....We can kill it!" ANDREWS
« Reply #11 on: January 24, 2009, 10:07:51 AM »
That's what we old Indian hunters hear from meatless hunters, "Was a nice day to be out, was nice just watching the wildlife, taking home meat isn't everything, I saw two eagles today, my sights are way off, forgot my shells", and many other entertaining comments we find amusing.

Just messing with ya, Meat Hunter!  :wink: ;D
Hunting Discussion Forum and Chat on Whitetail Deer Hunting- Bow Hunting- Muzzleloader Hunting- Fishing- Firearms- Outdoor News- Cleaning Game- Deer Pictures- Fish Pictures and more at www.gutpilestyle.com !

Offline Tenderfoot

• John Andrews is my hero
« Reply #12 on: January 27, 2009, 10:18:21 PM »
I know what you mean. ALl duck season I'd been trying to redeem myself for missing so many last year and it was somewhat stressful to be on the water. I managed to shoot a few the week before season ended and felt accomplished with my skill level. So there was no pressure on me during this weekends bay hunts in which I knocked 10 ducks in 2 days-many near or past 40 yards. When I stopped worrying and just enjoyed the sunrise and water I managed to take 2.5X my seasons previous haul in 1 weekend! Ya just gotta have pure fun and forget about the game. It'll come eventualy, so just enjoy being out of the house and off work!

Facebook Comments