December 14, 2017, 02:08:33 PM

Author Topic: DEER CONTEST WINNERS!!!  (Read 4086 times)

Offline BigStrutter

• Hardcore Carnivore with Gut Pile Style!
  • Happiness is a 50 cal.
Re: DEER CONTEST WINNERS!!!
« Reply #10 on: February 04, 2009, 10:46:14 AM »
Fourth place is cool with me!! O0 I can actually use some of the prizes on that list.  Maybe next year ,I can get some help and my daughter will add some points. Not bad for a solo score if I do say so myself! ;D

Let's keep the contest like this next year. I know the prizes will change but I like the layout of this contest.

Ned
Show a child the outdoors and you will show them the world.

FOREVER G540

Offline J-BUCKS

• Gut Pile Guide
« Reply #11 on: February 04, 2009, 11:05:23 AM »
Me too. The only thing I would change is to put everyones name in a hat and draw the teams. Not that I minded having TF on my team. I thought I could do better at hunting this year than I did. It would not matter to me who I was with, I enjoy doing contests for deer.

Offline BigStrutter

• Happiness is a 50 cal.
« Reply #12 on: February 04, 2009, 01:36:28 PM »
I thought about that too J-bucks. But as long as my daughter MissStrutter wants to participate she will be my team mate! O0

If she does not want to do it next season though, pulling names is a good idea.

Ned

FOREVER G540

Offline nOnAmE

• GP's New Project.... ; )
  • TurkeyNutz' Stunt Double
« Reply #13 on: February 04, 2009, 02:13:29 PM »
The only thing I would change is to put everyones name in a hat and draw the teams.
If this is the case, I'd feel bad for the poor sucker who unwittingly ends up with me on their team. :uglystupid2 :D
Maybe there can also be some kinda n00b handicap.

Offline Big58cal

• Global Moderator
« Reply #14 on: February 04, 2009, 05:06:33 PM »
Not that I minded having TF on my team.

Yeah, OK. :roll: O0 ;D ;D ;D

Maybe there can also be some kinda n00b handicap.

But if we did it for you, then we would have to do it for people like turkeynutz, Tenderfoot, etc.  They're both "experienced" hunters, but both pretty much _____.  ;D ;D  Just kidding guys! O0

If we do the contest again next year like this, we'll have to honor a certain 'someone' and make sure that we post some pictures with......
..... your gutshot deer, with there toungs hanging out, behind your one toothed corncobed smile,.....

:roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll:

I'm pretty certain that there won't be any of that though next year, not that there was this year. O0  Well, almost anyway.  I think turkeynutz picture comes pretty close. :shock:

We'll try to have something similar to this next year.  I'll start jotting some things down to use for next years contest. O0  We may also have people pony-up a little cash to help cover the prizes and shipping. O0  Whatever it comes to, it won't be much. O0

The only purpose of bread is to hold meat!

John Andrews Is My Hero!

In all seriousness, the Marlin is a great rifle, too. I own a Model 60, one of the best rifles ever made.
Brownings are nice, but in terms of quality AND accuarcy AND ruggedness, it's hard to beat the Marlin.
California sucks that's it.

Offline Big58cal

• Global Moderator
« Reply #15 on: February 04, 2009, 09:29:10 PM »
OK folks, the GutPiler's Choice Award topic has been completed and posted.  It's a poll topic, with the results hidden until the end, and will run for 10 days.  I made the topic a sticky, so it will be up near the top in the Whitetail section.

Check it out and vote for the one you think is most deserving of the title. O0
The only purpose of bread is to hold meat!

John Andrews Is My Hero!

In all seriousness, the Marlin is a great rifle, too. I own a Model 60, one of the best rifles ever made.
Brownings are nice, but in terms of quality AND accuarcy AND ruggedness, it's hard to beat the Marlin.
California sucks that's it.

turkeynutz

« Reply #16 on: February 04, 2009, 11:04:45 PM »
I like the tounge hangen out. It makes it look like you chased em down and took em out with your pocket knife!

Offline Bowhuntr115

• Gut Pile Club Member
« Reply #17 on: February 05, 2009, 10:04:22 AM »
Congrats to Schink & RIK on some great deer. O0 Also a big thumbs up to BC for taking over the contest and the great prizes.  O0 O0
" Now therefore take, I pray thee, thy weapons, thy quiver and thy bow, and go out to the field, and take me some venison. GEN 27:3 "

Offline Meat Hunter #737

« Reply #18 on: February 05, 2009, 10:44:24 AM »
Congrats to all the entrants, it was certainly another memorable year!!
your mission if you choose to accept it, is to go through the boiler maker to get to the Gut Pile Style

Offline BigStrutter

• Happiness is a 50 cal.
« Reply #19 on: February 05, 2009, 04:36:29 PM »
Heck I will take nOnAmE on my team next year if MissStrutter does not want to do it. It won't be anything new to me to have to carry my team on my back!!! ;D ;D ;D  Just kidding goclimbarock, heck I probably won't kill a deer next year, and someone will have to carry me!

Ned

FOREVER G540

Facebook Comments