December 17, 2017, 03:13:41 AM

Poll

Which picture/person is the most deserving of the title of "GutPiler's Choice" winner?

Photo #1 - BigStrutter
7 (31.8%)
Photo #2 - Meat Hunter #737
1 (4.5%)
Photo #3 - Jenny
1 (4.5%)
Photo #4 - SCHINK
9 (40.9%)
Photo #5 - Bowhuntr115
1 (4.5%)
Photo #6 - Rookie in Kansas
0 (0%)
Photo #7 - J-BUCKS
2 (9.1%)
Photo #8 - turkeynutz
1 (4.5%)

Total Members Voted: 20

Voting closed: February 14, 2009, 09:20:01 PM

Author Topic: GUTPILER'S CHOICE AWARD POLL  (Read 4956 times)

Offline Big58cal

• Global Moderator
  • Hardcore Carnivore with Gut Pile Style!
GUTPILER'S CHOICE AWARD POLL
« on: February 04, 2009, 09:20:01 PM »
Only 1 vote per person.
Results will be hidden until the end of the poll.
Only 1 picture per person has been chosen for the contest.
Poll will run for 10 days, closing on Saturday, February 14th, 2009.
There will be no prizes for any "place" other than 1st.
Prizes include:
     1 - Remington Trapper Knife & Multi-Tool Combo Pack
     1 - Vero Vellini Air Cushion Safety Orange Neoprene Rifle Sling
     1 - Uncle Mike's QD Quick Detachable Sling Super Swivels

The entrants:

Photo #1 - BigStrutter

Photo #2 - Meat Hunter #737

Photo #3 - Jenny

Photo #4 - SCHINK

Photo #5 - Bowhuntr115

Photo #6 - Rookie in Kansas

Photo #7 - J-BUCKS
(I know it's not a deer, but he didn't have a picture of his deer, and after all he did take Tenderfoot as his partner, so we should at least give him a shot!)

Photo #8 - turkeynutz

There’s the 8 entries for the contest (MissStrutter and Tenderfoot didn’t harvest anything, so there’s no picture).  Please vote for the one that you think is most deserving of the title of “GutPiler’s Choice” Winner!  Good luck to everyone and thanks for getting in the contest!

And as the motto of the sight says,

Any hunter can tell a long-winded tale.  Our type of hunter knows that the proof is in the pile!

THIS IS GUT PILE STYLE!

O0 O0 O0 O0 O0 O0 O0 O0 O0 O0

The only purpose of bread is to hold meat!

John Andrews Is My Hero!

In all seriousness, the Marlin is a great rifle, too. I own a Model 60, one of the best rifles ever made.
Brownings are nice, but in terms of quality AND accuarcy AND ruggedness, it's hard to beat the Marlin.
California sucks that's it.

Offline Big58cal

• Global Moderator
Re: GUTPILER'S CHOICE AWARD POLL
« Reply #1 on: February 04, 2009, 09:25:45 PM »
I don't now about the rest of you folks, but I'm having a tough time deciding. :-\  I've scrolled through the pictures, up and down, about 5-6 times and still can't make up my mind..... :-\ :-\

John Andrews Is My Hero!

In all seriousness, the Marlin is a great rifle, too. I own a Model 60, one of the best rifles ever made.
Brownings are nice, but in terms of quality AND accuarcy AND ruggedness, it's hard to beat the Marlin.

turkeynutz

« Reply #2 on: February 04, 2009, 10:52:16 PM »
Me too BC. I like Shinks rack the best. But BS was a bow kill. Man, its a tough one!

Offline BigStrutter

• Happiness is a 50 cal.
« Reply #3 on: February 04, 2009, 11:27:20 PM »
All are deserving, but man it was tough. :roll: ;D   

Actually I let MissStrutter vote, I showed her the pics and told her to make her own choice and it did not have to be daddy's pic. She won't tell me who she choose till after it's over either the little brat. ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D

Ned
Show a child the outdoors and you will show them the world.

FOREVER G540

Offline J-BUCKS

• Gut Pile Guide
« Reply #4 on: February 05, 2009, 08:17:29 AM »
LOL! thaanks BC, But I could not even vote for my own pic! Man those are some nice bucks! Let the Gutpile tradition live forever!!!!!

Offline Jenny

• Happyness is a warm gun!
    • Foggy Bottom Girls
« Reply #5 on: February 05, 2009, 08:57:18 AM »
Ok That was tough, but I did it and I DID NOT vote for myself. ;D
Jenny - Whosoever is delighted in solitude is either a wild beast or a God. -Francis Bacon Sr.

Offline Bowhuntr115

• Gut Pile Club Member
« Reply #6 on: February 05, 2009, 10:14:10 AM »
OMG! My little buck shouldn't even be on the same page as those monsters!! Like everybody tells me (to be polite) " Some good eatin' there."  ;D ;D Anyway, What a tough choice.  :-\
" Now therefore take, I pray thee, thy weapons, thy quiver and thy bow, and go out to the field, and take me some venison. GEN 27:3 "

Offline Meat Hunter #737

« Reply #7 on: February 05, 2009, 10:38:58 AM »
Those pictures along with the contest is Proof of Real World Hunting... :knuppel2...thanks GutPiles, and Big58Cal for putting together a good hunting forum and hunting contest... O0
your mission if you choose to accept it, is to go through the boiler maker to get to the Gut Pile Style

turkeynutz

« Reply #8 on: February 05, 2009, 10:44:12 AM »
Well put MH. BC did a great job! O0

Offline Big58cal

• Global Moderator
« Reply #9 on: February 05, 2009, 11:44:03 AM »
Decisions... Decisions..........  :-\ :-\ :-\  I still haven't picked one yet. :'(

I would vote for BigStrutter, but you know the deer has all of the bloody boogers and such.................. ;D

Then there's Meat Hunter....... His picture is too far away and not centered.  Also, Meat Hunter himself is not very "photogenic".... :shock: ............................ ;D

Jenny's deer looks like he's sweating and his bloody tongue is hanging out.  I wonder if she finally had to chase it down and stab it after gut-shooting it.................... ;D

With SCHINK, he's not properly centered directly behind the deer's antlers and there's that huge bloody hole in the deer's neck...................... ;D

Bowhuntr115 shot Bambi, and then had the audacity to take a picture of himself with the deer in the back of his vehicle... :shock: ........................ ;D

The deer in Rookie in Kansas' picture is facing the camera too much, there's the shadow from someone's head that was taking the picture, and Rookie is sitting on something (not exactly "natural" surroundings)............................ ;D

J-BUCKS submitted a picture of someone's 2 pet house dogs he shot, and I believe that I can see a speck of blood on one of them....................... ;D

For turkeynutz's picture...........There's almost too many things wrong with it to list!  Sun is glaring, tongues hanging out, in the back of a POS truck at his house (  :shock: ), and most of all, there's someone else in the picture!  >:(  ......................... ;D

Sorry folks, I just couldn't help myself. ;D O0 ;D  It's all in good fun and you all should know by now that I'm kidding!  O0 (Well, except for turkeynutz) 

Each and every one of the pictures are great!  That's why I'm having such a tough time deciding.  :-\  They all depict everything that GPS is about.............. Hunting and having a good time!  Could the pictures have been better?  Sure!  Does anyone really care?  NOPE! O0  ..... well, except for one person. :roll:

Again, congrats to everyone who entered the contest and harvested something!  And thanks for sharing the pictures with us, and helping to make this site what it is! O0

John Andrews Is My Hero!

Facebook Comments