October 23, 2017, 11:09:27 AM

Author Topic: Packing a bow question  (Read 1210 times)

Offline Smokey41

• Been seen in these woods a time or two..
Packing a bow question
« on: October 26, 2004, 12:23:53 AM »
I plan on taking my bow with me to upstate NY in November for big game season. It is a compound. What I need to know before I try it is, does the bow breakdown by loosening the poundage adjusting screws? I know it is not a good idea, but I want to fold it up to fit in my suitcase, it is mainly a practice bow anyway.

Offline John Andrews

• Global Moderator
  • Hardcore Carnivore with Gut Pile Style!
  • "If it bleeds....We can kill it!" ANDREWS
Packing a bow question
« Reply #1 on: October 26, 2004, 02:11:44 AM »
Smokey, I would take your bow to a good archery store and let them show you what to do.  :!:
Hunting Discussion Forum and Chat on Whitetail Deer Hunting- Bow Hunting- Muzzleloader Hunting- Fishing- Firearms- Outdoor News- Cleaning Game- Deer Pictures- Fish Pictures and more at www.gutpilestyle.com !

Offline Big58cal

• Global Moderator
  • Hardcore Carnivore with Gut Pile Style!
Packing a bow question
« Reply #2 on: October 26, 2004, 07:38:31 AM »
On some bows, the limb bolts are long enough to allow for the bow to be completely relaxed, others aren't  :shock: .  As John said, take it to an archery shop and let them do it first.

If the bow is older and has teardrops where the string attaches, you can use those and a longer string to relax the bow.  Still, the best thing to do though is to have an archery shop look at it.
The only purpose of bread is to hold meat!

John Andrews Is My Hero!

In all seriousness, the Marlin is a great rifle, too. I own a Model 60, one of the best rifles ever made.
Brownings are nice, but in terms of quality AND accuarcy AND ruggedness, it's hard to beat the Marlin.
California sucks that's it.

Offline Smokey41

• Been seen in these woods a time or two..
Packing a bow question
« Reply #3 on: October 30, 2004, 10:21:58 PM »
ok, thanks, I most likely won't take it.

Facebook Comments