October 22, 2017, 03:03:25 PM

Author Topic: Howdy, new to the site and would like to say hello to all!!!  (Read 1371 times)

Offline olsplittoe

• Gut Pile Club Member
Howdy, new to the site and would like to say hello to all!!!
« on: February 15, 2009, 05:39:28 PM »
olsplittoe here, I'm from NC and have 3 kids, and a wonderful wife. I'm a CSA with a large Tel-Com comp. here in NC. I have hunted many types of wildlife from ground hogs to gatters. My passion is whitetails and bow hunting, but I hunt all season with bow, black powder, and rifle. Heck I'd throw rocks atm if they had a season for it. I spend most of my free time preping for the next season. I love to bird hunt as well, and a working Black Lab name Sam. Feel free to drop a line anytime.

Thanks
Lee
PSE-passthru shot evertime

Offline Big58cal

• Global Moderator
  • Hardcore Carnivore with Gut Pile Style!
Re: Howdy, new to the site and would like to say hello to all!!!
« Reply #1 on: February 15, 2009, 06:25:29 PM »
Good to have you around Lee. O0  We've got some other fellers on here from NC as well.  They aren't very good hunters though.  Maybe you could help teach them a thing or two about huntin'? ???

You'll learn real quick, we aren't your "typical" hunting site. :idiot2  This place is like a cyber hunting camp.  We all sit around and talk about just about anything that comes into our minds.  Along the way, there's actually some hunting/fishing/trapping/shooting talk mixed in. :shock:  It's a character flaw that we're working on correcting though. O0  There's an old Indian on here by the name of John Andrews.  Don't eat anything he offers you, and only believe about 1/4 of what he tells you. :buck2  The rest of the folks on here are half-way civilized though (unlike John the savage).  Our wives still don't like to take us out in public though. :roll:  Until it warms up some more though, you should probably stay up wind of the folks on here. :shock:  It's been a while since they had a bath, and they still aren't due for one for another month or two. :uglystupid2 :buck2 :shock:

Pull yourself up a log and sit for a spell with us. O0

The only purpose of bread is to hold meat!

John Andrews Is My Hero!

In all seriousness, the Marlin is a great rifle, too. I own a Model 60, one of the best rifles ever made.
Brownings are nice, but in terms of quality AND accuarcy AND ruggedness, it's hard to beat the Marlin.
California sucks that's it.

turkeynutz

« Reply #2 on: February 15, 2009, 07:58:36 PM »
Welcome to the pile bud! O0

Offline John Andrews

• Global Moderator
  • "If it bleeds....We can kill it!" ANDREWS
« Reply #3 on: February 16, 2009, 09:18:12 AM »
Welcome to the pile, Lee! And don't believe that rascal BC, he's just poking me with his sharp stick again.  :roll:
Truth be known, his boy is already outshooting him.  ;D I tried to offer advice to his problems, but he just pokes the old Indian again.  ;D And his claims about my camp cooking is just revenge for what he called food poisoning that was not proven to my satisfaction. You all know lab tests are not absolute proof, even 99% results.  :wink:

And BC's Savage rifle remarks, ignore them. He's just jealous because he doesn't own one.  :roll: He shoots those rust bucket Marlin rifles.  ;D

Hey, I gotta ask ya, Lee. You a squirrel hunter, by chance?

Hunting Discussion Forum and Chat on Whitetail Deer Hunting- Bow Hunting- Muzzleloader Hunting- Fishing- Firearms- Outdoor News- Cleaning Game- Deer Pictures- Fish Pictures and more at www.gutpilestyle.com !

Offline Jenny

• Happyness is a warm gun!
    • Foggy Bottom Girls
« Reply #4 on: February 16, 2009, 09:20:32 AM »
Welcome Lee, where about are you located? I'm from Polk County.
Jenny - Whosoever is delighted in solitude is either a wild beast or a God. -Francis Bacon Sr.

Offline Big58cal

• Global Moderator
« Reply #5 on: February 16, 2009, 10:59:09 AM »

Forgot about Jenny. :roll:  I'll have to take back my comment about the people from NC that are on here not being very good hunters. O0  She's the exception. ;D :D
The only purpose of bread is to hold meat!

John Andrews Is My Hero!

In all seriousness, the Marlin is a great rifle, too. I own a Model 60, one of the best rifles ever made.
Brownings are nice, but in terms of quality AND accuarcy AND ruggedness, it's hard to beat the Marlin.
California sucks that's it.

Offline Bowhuntr115

• Gut Pile Club Member
« Reply #6 on: February 17, 2009, 10:14:16 AM »
Welcome to the pile Lee.  O0
" Now therefore take, I pray thee, thy weapons, thy quiver and thy bow, and go out to the field, and take me some venison. GEN 27:3 "

Offline gatortrapper

• Gut Pile Guide
  • Happiness is a large gutpile
« Reply #7 on: February 18, 2009, 01:12:40 AM »

welcome Lee  O0

I used to live in NC in Mcdowell co I hunted there for years. And Jenny I hunted Polk county a lot too. I used to hunt in the pea ridge area
I am a dinosaur hunter

Offline Jenny

• Happyness is a warm gun!
    • Foggy Bottom Girls
« Reply #8 on: February 18, 2009, 09:56:49 AM »

I used to live in NC in Mcdowell co I hunted there for years. And Jenny I hunted Polk county a lot too. I used to hunt in the pea ridge area

I know where McDowell  Co is and we rabbit hunt in Pea Ridge off of Fire Tower Road. Very Cool!
Jenny - Whosoever is delighted in solitude is either a wild beast or a God. -Francis Bacon Sr.

Offline gatortrapper

• Gut Pile Guide
  • Happiness is a large gutpile
« Reply #9 on: February 18, 2009, 12:56:23 PM »
All the good bucks I have killed came from Pisgah Forest in Mc dowell county. I grew up on Curtis creek and know some good buck hideouts up there.

I killed some decent deer off Pea ridge rd I hunted 2 places there my friends have a lease about 1/2 way down Pea ridge between hwy  108 and 74 . And then I hunted the south side of hwy 74 off Pea Ridge there is a gas pipeline that runs through there and I killed some nice deer back towards a creek bottom in there . I think its called white oak creek.

My best deer hunting area is near my parents old place off Maple Creek in Rutherford county. I have permission on about 600 acres there It goes towards county line rd near Polk county . And I have permission to hunt an area behind Greenhill store off hwy 64/ 74 . I am going to get up there and hunt it this fall I havent hunted it in the last 4 yrs. The landowner says in the last 4 years the population of deer has exploded there . Now he sees groups of a dozen deer or more at a time :twisted:
I am a dinosaur hunter

Facebook Comments