October 19, 2017, 04:17:11 PM

Author Topic: Bullets for a .270  (Read 1797 times)

Offline goclimbarock007

• Gut Pile Club Member
  • I reject your reality and substitute my own.
Bullets for a .270
« on: February 18, 2009, 02:26:46 PM »
I'm going to Georgia in a month to get my stuff out of storage, and bring it back to Texas, which means I will finally have my .270 and my reloading press again.

I was wondering if anyone had any opinions about what bullets would work well for reloading and shooting coyotes. I've used the Nosler ballistic tip before, but I'm not sure how well they would work on that kind of target.

Offline Big58cal

• Global Moderator
  • Hardcore Carnivore with Gut Pile Style!
Re: Bullets for a .270
« Reply #1 on: February 18, 2009, 03:24:55 PM »
Barnes makes the Tipped TSX bullet that would probably do what you want it to do.  I'm a big fan of Barnes bullet anyway, so this thing should mean instant coyote death! :twisted:

They also make the Varmint Grenade, but they don't make it in a .270 version, only smaller. >:(
The only purpose of bread is to hold meat!

John Andrews Is My Hero!

In all seriousness, the Marlin is a great rifle, too. I own a Model 60, one of the best rifles ever made.
Brownings are nice, but in terms of quality AND accuarcy AND ruggedness, it's hard to beat the Marlin.
California sucks that's it.

BBF

Re: Bullets for a .270
« Reply #2 on: February 24, 2009, 09:15:00 PM »
Did you "figger" on using that rifle for anything else, like maybe deer or? Anyway, why not use the same bullet on coyotes you don't need a high priced premium item for that.

If you want to load specifically for varmints you could  look at Speer's 90 gr TNT HP or their 100 gr HP, all designed for varmints.

Hornady makes a 100 gr Spire Point and a 110 gr V max for varmints and Sierra has a 90 gr HP for the same purpose.

Facebook Comments