November 22, 2017, 09:41:21 AM

Author Topic: Turkey Contest Rules??  (Read 2407 times)

Offline Big58cal

• Global Moderator
  • Hardcore Carnivore with Gut Pile Style!
Re: Turkey Contest Rules??
« Reply #10 on: February 23, 2009, 09:52:58 PM »
Hate to burst your bubble BS. But the NWTF scoring system is more complacated than mine.

No Igmo........... :roll:  He was talking about all of the different little categories you were talking about.  K.I.S.S. = Keep It Simple Stupid! :uglystupid2

Using the NWTF scoring system, give away prizes for 2 categories, the highest scoring team and the highest scoring individual bird. O0

Did you catch that nutz, or do I need to type it slower for you and use bigger letters?
The only purpose of bread is to hold meat!

John Andrews Is My Hero!

In all seriousness, the Marlin is a great rifle, too. I own a Model 60, one of the best rifles ever made.
Brownings are nice, but in terms of quality AND accuarcy AND ruggedness, it's hard to beat the Marlin.
California sucks that's it.

Offline gatortrapper

• Gut Pile Guide
  • Happiness is a large gutpile
« Reply #11 on: February 24, 2009, 12:02:46 AM »
my season is March 15 through April 20th. I am hunting Osceola turkeys . They are a smaller variety of turkey as far as the contest scoring goes .  Its my first year hunting osceola's. I hear they are  hard to kill because its so thick down here and turkeys are silent a lot because of all the predators.
I am a dinosaur hunter

turkeynutz

« Reply #12 on: February 24, 2009, 12:57:53 AM »
Hell of a deal! Count me out then. I got more birds to kill than this crap! >:(

Offline BigStrutter

• Happiness is a 50 cal.
« Reply #13 on: February 24, 2009, 07:56:51 AM »
Did TN just take me and BC personal????  :roll: I was just saying add beard length to spur length to the weight and when totaled that would be your birds score. For someone like BC to have to keep track of, longest beard, longest spurs, prettiest fan, etc would be asking him alot. Hell he is already taking charge of the contest, lets not swamp him with crap.   
So unless I took your last post wrong TN, I was not trying to bust your b@!!s, I was just saying lets keep it simple for BC to keep track of. I will be lucky to get one bird where I hunt so the simpler and more fair it can be the better for all. So if I did take your post correctly, then good for the rest of us. One less person to compete with to win. O0

Ned
Show a child the outdoors and you will show them the world.

FOREVER G540

Offline Big58cal

• Global Moderator
« Reply #14 on: February 24, 2009, 08:51:41 AM »
Hell of a deal! Count me out then. I got more birds to kill than this crap! >:(

TN, did you forget your meds man? ???  The way I'm looking at it, most people will be lucky to get 1 bird, but most states allow 2, so make the limit ALLOWED IN THE CONTEST 2 per person.  Just like with SCHINK's 2 bucks during the deer contest, he got to pick which one to enter since only 1 buck was allowed, someone can kill 20 birds if they like, but only 2 would be allowed to be entered in the contest.  O0

Man, if you want to run the contest, that's fine by me.  You can have as many categories as you want then.  But bear in mind, for each category you come up with, you'll need to figure out some way to score it, you've got to keep track of the all of the scores for that category, and you'll need to give away a prize for it.  And I'm here to tell you, if you think it's easy doing all of that, you're sorely mistaken, especially when people scatter entries all over the forum.

But by all means, if you want to do it, have at it.
The only purpose of bread is to hold meat!

John Andrews Is My Hero!

In all seriousness, the Marlin is a great rifle, too. I own a Model 60, one of the best rifles ever made.
Brownings are nice, but in terms of quality AND accuarcy AND ruggedness, it's hard to beat the Marlin.
California sucks that's it.

Offline Meat Hunter #737

« Reply #15 on: February 24, 2009, 11:24:03 AM »
March 1 through May 31 sounds fair to me....... :twisted: :roll: 8)
your mission if you choose to accept it, is to go through the boiler maker to get to the Gut Pile Style

Offline Juandogg

• When in Doubt DTFB
« Reply #16 on: February 24, 2009, 12:47:26 PM »
unwad the panties hell the contest aint even started
It takes patience to break a good hound. Ya gotta be persistent and it helps to be a lil smarter then the dog.

Offline Jenny

• Happyness is a warm gun!
    • Foggy Bottom Girls
« Reply #17 on: February 24, 2009, 02:40:24 PM »

I'm gonna second that one Plott. We are all just trying to figure out the rules.
Jenny - Whosoever is delighted in solitude is either a wild beast or a God. -Francis Bacon Sr.

Offline Techno

• Thats right!
« Reply #18 on: February 24, 2009, 03:23:40 PM »

;D ;D ;D More than one sweet pea needs to heed this message  ;D ;D ;D

turkeynutz

« Reply #19 on: February 24, 2009, 07:53:07 PM »
Has nothing to do with how many birds, how to score, who is running it, or Panties! When Im in pain all this s*it gets to me quick. And yes, it was personal!

Facebook Comments