October 18, 2017, 04:35:31 PM

Poll

You think this was a goog deal?

Fair
3 (75%)
Just Outright Piracy
1 (25%)

Total Members Voted: 4

Author Topic: Nice Score Yesterday  (Read 1880 times)

Offline John Andrews

• Global Moderator
  • Hardcore Carnivore with Gut Pile Style!
  • "If it bleeds....We can kill it!" ANDREWS
Nice Score Yesterday
« on: February 22, 2009, 08:30:07 AM »
Yesterday my brother and I went to a pawn shop that is selling out and discounted their goods.

They had 3 1/2 bricks of Hornady 17gr Vmax ammo for sale. We bought all they had at $8.00 per box and paid no tax. Brother bought one brick, I bought the rest.  :)

I've never seen that much .17 ammo before, was like carrying home a treasure chest.

My happy hunting pals pals at work are lined up with their $40, each receiving half a brick. Many squirrels are gonna die.  :twisted:
Hunting Discussion Forum and Chat on Whitetail Deer Hunting- Bow Hunting- Muzzleloader Hunting- Fishing- Firearms- Outdoor News- Cleaning Game- Deer Pictures- Fish Pictures and more at www.gutpilestyle.com !

Offline Big58cal

• Global Moderator
Re: Nice Score Yesterday
« Reply #1 on: February 22, 2009, 11:37:01 AM »
You should be ashamed of yourself! >:(  Taking advantage of a poor feller that's having to sell everything off, probably just to pay bills.

With the way you shoot though, you should probably keep all of those cartridges. :roll:  With the deal you got on them, it might reduce the cost associated with each squirrel down below that of fillet mignon. :roll: :idiot2 ;D
The only purpose of bread is to hold meat!

John Andrews Is My Hero!

In all seriousness, the Marlin is a great rifle, too. I own a Model 60, one of the best rifles ever made.
Brownings are nice, but in terms of quality AND accuarcy AND ruggedness, it's hard to beat the Marlin.
California sucks that's it.

Offline John Andrews

• Global Moderator
  • "If it bleeds....We can kill it!" ANDREWS
« Reply #2 on: February 22, 2009, 11:38:36 PM »
  ;D Rascal! If I had not snagged the ammo, the next guy along would have! Heck, I was so smooth on the deal, the fella ( deceased owner's son) invited me to hunt his great squirrel timber close to one of my other hunting spots right outside the installation fence where I work. It's old growth oak and hickory timber, lots of squirrels.  :twisted:
Hunting Discussion Forum and Chat on Whitetail Deer Hunting- Bow Hunting- Muzzleloader Hunting- Fishing- Firearms- Outdoor News- Cleaning Game- Deer Pictures- Fish Pictures and more at www.gutpilestyle.com !

Offline Techno

• Thats right!
« Reply #3 on: February 23, 2009, 01:03:22 AM »
Fine deal if you ask me  O0 O0...best I have got was 9.75 a box

Facebook Comments