November 20, 2017, 02:22:35 AM

Author Topic: Turkey Contest Rules & Sign-ups  (Read 3693 times)

Offline BigStrutter

• Hardcore Carnivore with Gut Pile Style!
  • Happiness is a 50 cal.
Re: Turkey Contest Rules & Sign-ups
« Reply #10 on: February 26, 2009, 04:17:10 PM »
Count me and MissStrutter in. And if nobody has a problem with me having my 12 year old daughter on my team I would appreciate it. Ya'll would not want her anyway, she missed last year at 10 yards and did nothing to help out during the deer contest. Guess I gotta do everything!! ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D

Ned
Show a child the outdoors and you will show them the world.

FOREVER G540

turkeynutz

« Reply #11 on: February 26, 2009, 05:53:32 PM »
Count me and MissStrutter in. And if nobody has a problem with me having my 12 year old daughter on my team I would appreciate it. Ya'll would not want her anyway, she missed last year at 10 yards and did nothing to help out during the deer contest. Guess I gotta do everything!! ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D

Ned
Just remember, one day she will leave you behind. And you will feel the hole in your heart. So I have no problem with it bud! O0 O0

Offline BigStrutter

• Happiness is a 50 cal.
« Reply #12 on: February 26, 2009, 07:47:30 PM »
Thanks TN, only problem is she has a soccer game at 9 am on youth day. I am not gonna get her up and have her be tired for her game. So we will be after an early season afternoon bird. :-\ :-\

Ned

FOREVER G540

Offline Techno

• Thats right!
« Reply #13 on: February 26, 2009, 11:11:00 PM »
I'm in...this will be my first year to kill a turkey  :twisted: O0 O0

Offline BigStrutter

• Happiness is a 50 cal.
« Reply #14 on: February 27, 2009, 06:59:58 AM »
Hey BC, when you say call your shot do you mean like "adult bird with a 10" beard and 1" spurs" or just "an adult bird wiith a shotgun"???

Ned

FOREVER G540

turkeynutz

« Reply #15 on: February 27, 2009, 08:45:17 AM »
Thats like my youngest girl BS. Of all three of my kids, she is my hunter. But its no early up for her. She likes them 10:00am birds. ;D

BC: If thats what you mean, I say at least one bird at 10"+beard and 1"spurs.

Offline Big58cal

• Global Moderator
« Reply #16 on: February 27, 2009, 11:52:01 AM »
Hey BC, when you say call your shot do you mean like "adult bird with a 10" beard and 1" spurs" or just "an adult bird wiith a shotgun"???

Ned

Nope.  This is going to be pretty easy..............

For "Calling Your Shots", all that people have to do is list either Jake or Adult and the number of each.

Examples:
     2 turkeys -- Both Adults               OR
     1 turkey - Jake                           OR
     3 turkeys - 1 Jake, 2 Adults          OR
     etc, etc, etc.

It'll be an easy way for most people to get some bonus points. O0  But, the only catch is that it's an all or none deal.  If you call correctly what you're going to get, then you get the points.  If you're off on either the number or type, then you don't get anything.  The reason we're waiting until after the teams have been picked is so you'll know who you're paired with and can talk it over with them on how many they think they'll get.  Then you can go from there.

As an example, let's say someone like turkeynutz gets paired with Tenderfoot.  Since turkeynutz is going to probably get 6-7 turkeys this spring, and knowing that Tenderfoot wouldn't get any, nutz would have to carry the team, and would likely guess 4 Adult birds. O0  But, let's say he get's paired with Jenny.  In that instance, since Jenny would have 2 birds of her own to enter, nutz would only guess 2 Adult birds. O0  The reason I'm saying adult birds in this is that I don't think our beloved turkeynutz would settle for a jake. :roll: ;D  But you never know..........
The only purpose of bread is to hold meat!

John Andrews Is My Hero!

In all seriousness, the Marlin is a great rifle, too. I own a Model 60, one of the best rifles ever made.
Brownings are nice, but in terms of quality AND accuarcy AND ruggedness, it's hard to beat the Marlin.
California sucks that's it.

Offline Jenny

• Happyness is a warm gun!
    • Foggy Bottom Girls
« Reply #17 on: February 27, 2009, 02:40:58 PM »

Ned

I don't believe you BS, I think you are pulling out your "secret weapon" on us!  ;D  ;D  ;D  ;D
Jking, I have no problem with it!  O0
Jenny - Whosoever is delighted in solitude is either a wild beast or a God. -Francis Bacon Sr.

turkeynutz

« Reply #18 on: February 27, 2009, 03:36:15 PM »
So we dont say til we are teamed up then? ???

Offline Big58cal

• Global Moderator
« Reply #19 on: February 27, 2009, 03:46:38 PM »
So we dont say til we are teamed up then? ???

That would be correct sir. O0  Depending upon who you get paired with, you may have to modify your guess.  There's a 4 bird limit per team, so everyone might as well try to maximize the number they get by knowing who they're paired with.
The only purpose of bread is to hold meat!

John Andrews Is My Hero!

In all seriousness, the Marlin is a great rifle, too. I own a Model 60, one of the best rifles ever made.
Brownings are nice, but in terms of quality AND accuarcy AND ruggedness, it's hard to beat the Marlin.
California sucks that's it.

Facebook Comments