Poll

Should I have emptied the clip, or just watched the show

a) empty clip
2 (16.7%)
b) one shot, one kill
10 (83.3%)

Total Members Voted: 10

Voting closed: October 26, 2004, 10:25:59 PM

Author Topic: First Kill of the year  (Read 2040 times)

Offline ellwoodjake

• Global Moderator
  • Hardcore Carnivore with Gut Pile Style!
  • CHASING (cotton)TAIL
    • http://www.tw200forum.com
First Kill of the year
« on: October 26, 2004, 10:25:59 PM »
\:D/ I am so stoked, I finally got a day off yesterday to go kick around in the woods and look for some sign. Squirrel season is finally open in these parts so I decided to holster my Ruger MK II pistol just in case I came across any tree rats. As I was leaving the house I noticed a cat out in my pasture, stalking around. I drove on down the driveway and stopped right where I last seen him. He had flattened out on the bank and the only thing sticking above the grass were the tips of his ears.  As luck would have it, his ears lined up perfectly with my rear sights!!! you dudes should have seen the acrobatic performance. The icing on the cake was getting to shoot at a rolling target with an semi-auto pistol. After a start like that, nothing else could happen the rest of the day can spoil my mood. O:)
(\__/)
(='.'=) Salad isn't food-it's what food eats!!
(")_(")
Deer Hunting Today - Powered By Gut Pile Style:  The source for Whitetail Deer Hunting - Anti Peta - Squirrel Hunting - Bow Hunting - Bear Hunting - Coon Hunting - Fishing - Firearms - Outdoor News - Cleaning Game -  fishing and more at www.gutpilestyle.comwww.DeerHuntingToday.com www.WildChildHuntingWear.com

Offline Big58cal

• Global Moderator
First Kill of the year
« Reply #1 on: October 27, 2004, 06:59:08 AM »
The only good cat is a dead cat! :twisted:   Especially when you see them stalking around through the fields/woods.  One shot - One kill is usually my philosophy..................except when it comes to cats!  Doesn't matter if you got them with the first shot, it always feels good emptying the magazine on them! :twisted:
The only purpose of bread is to hold meat!

John Andrews Is My Hero!

In all seriousness, the Marlin is a great rifle, too. I own a Model 60, one of the best rifles ever made.
Brownings are nice, but in terms of quality AND accuarcy AND ruggedness, it's hard to beat the Marlin.
California sucks that's it.

Online John Andrews

• Global Moderator
  • "If it bleeds....We can kill it!" ANDREWS
First Kill of the year
« Reply #2 on: October 27, 2004, 11:10:21 AM »
EW, that was great! There could not be a better way to start the day! I got a perk up like that one very cold winter night after a long day at work. I was working for an airline, and after work, I had to drive to another airport (CID) about 100 miles away that night. I wasn't done working yet, by far. Heading home on the 4 lane in blowing snow and -20 outside from the Cedar Rapids airport, I was fighting sleep. The little company 4 cyl. truck was loaded down with 2 barrels of aircraft de-icing fluid in the bed of the pickup. I spotted a cat running across the other lanes of traffic and it was just missed by an 18 wheeler. The cat kept right on poring it on, and crossed the median, and right into my path. WHAMCRUNCHCRUNCH!  :shock:  :twisted: Now, the double crunch-crunch was real music, and the sight of the flat cat on the highway in my rear view mirrors was the happy morale pickup that kept me awake for the rest of the long drive home. That cat was as much fun as some of the other cats I have had the pleasure of shooting.  :twisted:
Hunting Discussion Forum and Chat on Whitetail Deer Hunting- Bow Hunting- Muzzleloader Hunting- Fishing- Firearms- Outdoor News- Cleaning Game- Deer Pictures- Fish Pictures and more at www.gutpilestyle.com !

Offline APRock

• Gut Pile Club Member
First Kill of the year
« Reply #3 on: October 27, 2004, 11:17:48 PM »
Why waste the ammo?  At least wait until after the "Funky Chicken' is done.  Then if, need be, finish it off.
I refuse to get into a battle of wits with an unarmed person.

Online John Andrews

• Global Moderator
  • "If it bleeds....We can kill it!" ANDREWS
First Kill of the year
« Reply #4 on: October 28, 2004, 01:56:55 AM »
Quote from: APRock
Why waste the ammo?  At least wait until after the "Funky Chicken' is done.  Then if, need be, finish it off.
:lol:  :lol:  :lol:  :lol: "Funky Chicken"! That's a riot! :D  :D  :lol:  :lol: Yep, some of those cats can do some amazing things when they get hit! :twisted:  :lol:  :lol:  :lol:
Hunting Discussion Forum and Chat on Whitetail Deer Hunting- Bow Hunting- Muzzleloader Hunting- Fishing- Firearms- Outdoor News- Cleaning Game- Deer Pictures- Fish Pictures and more at www.gutpilestyle.com !

Offline ellwoodjake

• Global Moderator
  • CHASING (cotton)TAIL
    • http://www.tw200forum.com
First Kill of the year
« Reply #5 on: October 28, 2004, 05:25:49 AM »
:lol:  :lol: LMOA Now that you mentioned it, it did look like the funky chicken. At least between bounces. How did you know? :roll:
(\__/)
(='.'=) Salad isn't food-it's what food eats!!
(")_(")
Deer Hunting Today - Powered By Gut Pile Style:  The source for Whitetail Deer Hunting - Anti Peta - Squirrel Hunting - Bow Hunting - Bear Hunting - Coon Hunting - Fishing - Firearms - Outdoor News - Cleaning Game -  fishing and more at www.gutpilestyle.comwww.DeerHuntingToday.com www.WildChildHuntingWear.com

Offline APRock

• Gut Pile Club Member
First Kill of the year
« Reply #6 on: October 28, 2004, 10:20:18 PM »
Many moons ago, when NW Iowa had the psuedo rabies goin' on, I used to get called at home by farmers,"Are you one of those guys that likes to shoot cats out in the country??" "Well....Uh...."  "Well this is so and so and I got these toms running between me and such and such's place.  I got enough kittys and he might have that rabies over there and I don't need it here.  One of 'em's sort of white and tan, another is...." "Well, I will get the word out and see what I can get done for ya.."

Shot a lot of cats way out in the country, nothing right near a farmstead mind you, unless we had a positive ID from the farmer!!

Bouncing a 22 off the top of the head REALLY got the acrobatics going, hence the "Funky Chicken".  Sort of dating myself there ain't I??
I refuse to get into a battle of wits with an unarmed person.

Facebook Comments