October 19, 2017, 06:01:41 PM

Author Topic: Tell me your story...  (Read 3311 times)

Offline John Andrews

• Global Moderator
  • Hardcore Carnivore with Gut Pile Style!
  • "If it bleeds....We can kill it!" ANDREWS
Re: Tell me your story...
« Reply #10 on: March 18, 2009, 10:59:56 AM »
How many had you missed before the g-hog? :wink:
:roll:  ;D Actually, I stuck him with the first arrow and then another to anchor him. Those ghogs are tough! My brother and I killed several and lost some arrows because the ghogs would grab the arrow sticking in then and snap the wood shaft with their jaws/teeth.  >:( Dang hunting arrows cost a whole $1.50 then and the bounty was only .25 for them.
We were operating like a present day big business, but no big bonuses.  :roll: ;D
Hunting Discussion Forum and Chat on Whitetail Deer Hunting- Bow Hunting- Muzzleloader Hunting- Fishing- Firearms- Outdoor News- Cleaning Game- Deer Pictures- Fish Pictures and more at www.gutpilestyle.com !

turkeynutz

« Reply #11 on: March 18, 2009, 02:06:31 PM »
I had a coon do that to three arrows IO put in him. Bit holes all through the shafts and broke two off. :shock:

Offline Tenderfoot

• John Andrews is my hero
« Reply #12 on: March 30, 2009, 10:29:35 PM »
Last fall I lost 2 arrows trying to bring down a morehen...that's 6$ of feathers, 6$ per shaft, and 1 5$ broadhead and a 25 cent point. I shot an arrow through him twice, and then hit him 4 more times with my snaro....i still had to get the net out to grab him before he dove under water again. He was still kicking, after all that, so I tried to wring his neck-to no luck and I had to decapitate it. :-P

Offline bohicajuan

• On the cover of Flashlight Magazine!
« Reply #13 on: May 20, 2009, 10:10:42 PM »

It was September 27, 1977 in Paulding county Georgia. I was 17 years old. It was my first year bowhunting. I was shooting a Bear Whitetail Hunter set at #50lbs and was shooting 2217's aluminum arrows. ( I think they were Eastons but not sure.) I had Bear broadheads and if my memory is not totally gone I had the arrows cut to 31". I'd bought the whole setup at my local K-Mart.

This was the first year compound bows were legal in Georgia. (Georgia was the last state in the country to legalize them.

I was in a Baker portable climbing stand about 18 feet up a pine tree in a creek bottom with a bunch of white acorn trees around.

I saw two does coming down the draw a little before 9:00am and there was a buck about 10 feet behind them but the rut was not on at this time. He gave me a perfect broadside shot at less than 30 yards and I put the arrow in his lungs. He ran over the ridge and I found him after climbing down from the tree. He'd run less than 50 yards before going down.

He was a 7-pointer and dressed out at 97 pounds. I had him mounted as my first bow kill.

The K-Mart I bought the bow has since closed down. The property I shot the deer on is now a subdivision. The mounted deer, my bow and a lot of other things were stolen from a storage facility I had rented space in while I was overseas on deployment in 1985.

I now use traditional archery tackle and have had some success with it, but that first deer is still my favorite. I hope whatever pos stole him is enjoying him and my bow.
To you gutless cowards and scumbags, who are trying to lie and rewrite history. To those out to commit genocide on the Southern people with your destruction of Confederate monuments and your attacks on Southern heritage and pride. Be happy for now. Because someday when that civil war you wanted starts. I will find you. And I will kill you.

turkeynutz

« Reply #14 on: May 21, 2009, 02:19:38 AM »
I like it Bo. Its so good you told it twice. ;D O0 O0

Offline John Andrews

• Global Moderator
  • "If it bleeds....We can kill it!" ANDREWS
« Reply #15 on: May 21, 2009, 09:02:01 AM »
Bo is back!  O0 That dirtbag that stole your stuff, may he be impaled!  :twisted:
Hunting Discussion Forum and Chat on Whitetail Deer Hunting- Bow Hunting- Muzzleloader Hunting- Fishing- Firearms- Outdoor News- Cleaning Game- Deer Pictures- Fish Pictures and more at www.gutpilestyle.com !

Offline bohicajuan

« Reply #16 on: May 21, 2009, 08:49:43 PM »
Bo is back!  O0 That dirtbag that stole your stuff, may he be impaled!  :twisted:

I wish I could find him :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :tickedoff :knuppel2

I didn't mention all the dirty movies they stole as well. I took great pride as the king of smut at Fort Campbell!!! :roll: :roll: :wink:
To you gutless cowards and scumbags, who are trying to lie and rewrite history. To those out to commit genocide on the Southern people with your destruction of Confederate monuments and your attacks on Southern heritage and pride. Be happy for now. Because someday when that civil war you wanted starts. I will find you. And I will kill you.

turkeynutz

« Reply #17 on: May 21, 2009, 09:46:58 PM »
Bo, my boy has been tryen to get them to deploy him for two months now. He told me he is ready to kill some towel heads. O0

Offline bohicajuan

« Reply #18 on: May 22, 2009, 09:39:56 PM »
Bo, my boy has been tryen to get them to deploy him for two months now. He told me he is ready to kill some towel heads. O0

They're out there. He'll get his chance I'm sure. 'Cause we're going to be in Afghanistan for a long time.

Just tell him to keep his head down, think, don't play John Wayne and listen to his platoon sargeant and everything will be copasetic!! O0
« Last Edit: July 09, 2009, 08:14:43 PM by bohica »

turkeynutz

« Reply #19 on: May 23, 2009, 12:35:02 AM »
Will do. He has been getten hazed bad in his platoon. They all think they are the boss including him. lol  He cant get anyone in the pit with him to fight. He tells me they are all a bunch of f-ing p-ys. ;D ;D Im thinken if he dont get to fight before long, he is going to get in trouble. Last time he faught was back at Penelton. He whooped the crap out of the pfc and had quarter deck every day there after. O0 Right now he has a corp. that is riden his a$$ everyday. He told me when he can get him in the pit, he's snappen the dude arm, just for spite.

Facebook Comments