October 22, 2017, 10:45:33 PM

Author Topic: Tell me your story...  (Read 3313 times)

Offline John Andrews

• Global Moderator
  • Hardcore Carnivore with Gut Pile Style!
  • "If it bleeds....We can kill it!" ANDREWS
Re: Tell me your story...
« Reply #20 on: May 23, 2009, 08:35:01 AM »
*SNAP*!  :twisted: :twisted: :twisted:
Hunting Discussion Forum and Chat on Whitetail Deer Hunting- Bow Hunting- Muzzleloader Hunting- Fishing- Firearms- Outdoor News- Cleaning Game- Deer Pictures- Fish Pictures and more at www.gutpilestyle.com !

Offline BigStrutter

• Hardcore Carnivore with Gut Pile Style!
  • Happiness is a 50 cal.
Re: Tell me your story...
« Reply #21 on: June 13, 2009, 04:18:43 PM »
Mine was the opening week of bow season in eastern NC back in 1998. It was the first season with my brand new Parker SuperMag 35. I was shooting Easton 28" XX78 shafts with 90 grain 4 blade Muzzy's. In 4 days I had already missed 5 deer and my confidence was wrecked,  but I kept at it. I planned on hunting an oak ridge on the edge of a swamp way back behind a cove on the lake. I put my climber on my back and left the four-wheeler and just two ridges shy of my intended destination the 95 degree heat had whooped me so I picked out the straightest white oak on an equally good looking oak ridge and climbed up 20 or so feet. I looked around as the sweat poured out of me and realized that there was alot of acorns falling there so it should be good. About an hour later I saw two does coming out of the clear cut into the oak woods. It was way early but I figured because of the heat they were headed to the lake behind me to drink. I stood up and got ready but they angled off to my left at about 60 yards. The I noticed another deer come out of the clear cut and head straight at me. At 11 yards it stopped to eat acorns, and I drew, centered my pin and let it fly. The deer jumped and ran over to the does and that is when I saw horns!!!! It stopped beside the does and just stood there. I thought, " you have got to be F'ing kidding me and thought about throwing my bow at them. Then all of a sudden he just fell over!!! The does ran off and I almost jumped out of the stand. First bow kill after three years of trying= 6 point in full velvet, 14" wide and perfectly symmetrical. Dad, called the taxidermist to see what we needed to do to preserve the velvet and the next day we got it to the guy. Now here is the kicker.......... 3 months later, the taxidermist shop burns down and my first bow kill and first buck ever burned up with it.  Too bad back then we did not try and take really good pictures of things. The only pic I got is ok and has to do but I do wish it was something I could blow up and frame.  If I find the pic I will scan it and post it later.

Ned
Show a child the outdoors and you will show them the world.

FOREVER G540

Facebook Comments