November 20, 2017, 08:16:12 AM

Author Topic: MOUTH CALLS  (Read 894 times)

Offline SCHINK

• Gut Pile Club Member
MOUTH CALLS
« on: March 09, 2009, 03:46:57 PM »
hey there.......can anybody give me some help on the easiest mouth call to use.......I never tried one and heard there are certain ones that are a little easier to master.......THANKS  O0

SCHINK
HAPPINESS IS A BLOODY TAILGATE

Offline Big58cal

• Global Moderator
  • Hardcore Carnivore with Gut Pile Style!
Re: MOUTH CALLS
« Reply #1 on: March 09, 2009, 03:52:33 PM »
Get a single reed or a split reed call.  The more reeds (pieces of rubber going across), the harder it is to blow.  Single reed calls usually can't produce a very loud sound, but are good to learn with. O0  You can also take a pair of scissors and trim the canvas type material around the outer edge of the call to make it fit inside your mouth a little better and not gag you.  The aluminum "U" that holds the reeds can also be bent a little to make it fit also, but don't try bending it too much because it will relieve some of the tension on the reeds.

About any type of call will work whether it's a Primos, Madd, Quaker Boy, Knight & Hale, etc.  Look for something with only 1-2 reeds to start with until you get used to it. O0
The only purpose of bread is to hold meat!

John Andrews Is My Hero!

In all seriousness, the Marlin is a great rifle, too. I own a Model 60, one of the best rifles ever made.
Brownings are nice, but in terms of quality AND accuarcy AND ruggedness, it's hard to beat the Marlin.
California sucks that's it.

turkeynutz

« Reply #2 on: March 09, 2009, 11:14:49 PM »
hey there.......can anybody give me some help on the easiest mouth call to use.......I never tried one and heard there are certain ones that are a little easier to master.......THANKS  O0

SCHINK
Get you some in the eazy rasp line by primo's too. You have to trim it to your pallet but it is a sweet call.

Offline SCHINK

• Gut Pile Club Member
« Reply #3 on: March 10, 2009, 11:11:54 AM »
Thanks for the help guys  O0
HAPPINESS IS A BLOODY TAILGATE

Offline Tenderfoot

• Hardcore Carnivore with Gut Pile Style!
  • John Andrews is my hero
« Reply #4 on: March 11, 2009, 01:19:57 AM »
I got a quaker boy begginer double reed that was pretty easy to learn. It's semi-loud and produces most all sounds but a gobble(which maybe I just can't do). I can talk turkey all day-that's probably my problem. I can't keep my box or mouth shut or my mosquito slapping hand still. Good luck to ya'll this season. I think I'll sit this one out and go after some big sow bass.

Facebook Comments