November 18, 2017, 06:32:04 PM

Author Topic: Dog Pack Attacks Gator In Texas  (Read 1327 times)

Offline goclimbarock007

• Gut Pile Club Member
  • I reject your reality and substitute my own.
Dog Pack Attacks Gator In Texas
« on: March 20, 2009, 11:10:04 AM »
At times nature can be cruel, but there is also a raw beauty, and even a certain justice manifested within that cruelty.

The alligator, one of the oldest and ultimate predators, normally considered the 'apex predator', can still fall victim to implemented 'team work' strategy, made possible due to the tight knit social structure and 'survival of the pack mentality' bred into the canines.

See the remarkable photograph below courtesy of Nature Magazine. Note that the Alpha dog has a muzzle hold on the gator preventing it from breathing, while another dog has a hold on the tail to keep it from thrashing. The third dog attacks the soft underbelly of the gator.

Not for the squeamish...

Offline Big58cal

• Global Moderator
  • Hardcore Carnivore with Gut Pile Style!
Re: Dog Pack Attacks Gator In Texas
« Reply #1 on: March 20, 2009, 11:21:56 AM »
Man, that is pretty cruel! :shock:
The only purpose of bread is to hold meat!

John Andrews Is My Hero!

In all seriousness, the Marlin is a great rifle, too. I own a Model 60, one of the best rifles ever made.
Brownings are nice, but in terms of quality AND accuarcy AND ruggedness, it's hard to beat the Marlin.
California sucks that's it.

Offline Techno

• Thats right!
« Reply #2 on: March 24, 2009, 09:41:29 PM »
Man I thought you been on my myspace page and stole the pic my budy sent after hurricane rita hit.This is what "washed up" on his yard one morning....

Offline Jenny

• Happyness is a warm gun!
    • Foggy Bottom Girls
« Reply #3 on: March 25, 2009, 10:11:54 AM »
Man I thought you been on my myspace page and stole the pic my budy sent after hurricane rita hit.This is what "washed up" on his yard one morning....

Now Thats a GOOD DOG!!!!!
Jenny - Whosoever is delighted in solitude is either a wild beast or a God. -Francis Bacon Sr.

Offline John Andrews

• Global Moderator
  • "If it bleeds....We can kill it!" ANDREWS
« Reply #4 on: April 03, 2009, 01:50:11 PM »
 :shock: That first picture is shocking!  ;D The second picture, great dog!
Hunting Discussion Forum and Chat on Whitetail Deer Hunting- Bow Hunting- Muzzleloader Hunting- Fishing- Firearms- Outdoor News- Cleaning Game- Deer Pictures- Fish Pictures and more at www.gutpilestyle.com !

Facebook Comments