November 21, 2017, 12:31:59 PM

Author Topic: Crazy turkey!!!!  (Read 2086 times)

Offline BigStrutter

• Hardcore Carnivore with Gut Pile Style!
  • Happiness is a 50 cal.
Crazy turkey!!!!
« on: March 24, 2009, 08:07:36 AM »
A buddy of mine has a tame turkey that is only a jake this year. On my way to work this morning, that crazy turkey was strutting, or attempting to, in the middle of the two lane road. People were stopped and trying to go around him. The when you actually got around him and up beside him he would charge the side of the car. He actually bounced off the side of my patrol car. I hit the siren to try and scare him out of the road but he only gobbled at it.  Crazy turkey!!!! :uglystupid2 ;D ;D

Ned
Show a child the outdoors and you will show them the world.

FOREVER G540

Offline Big58cal

• Global Moderator
Re: Crazy turkey!!!!
« Reply #1 on: March 24, 2009, 08:24:51 AM »
Sounds like a typical teenager. :roll: ;D
The only purpose of bread is to hold meat!

John Andrews Is My Hero!

In all seriousness, the Marlin is a great rifle, too. I own a Model 60, one of the best rifles ever made.
Brownings are nice, but in terms of quality AND accuarcy AND ruggedness, it's hard to beat the Marlin.
California sucks that's it.

Offline nOnAmE

• GP's New Project.... ; )
  • TurkeyNutz' Stunt Double
« Reply #2 on: March 24, 2009, 09:26:32 AM »
Haha that's awesome.  Guard Turkey! O0
If I was gonna rob someone, by the dark of the night, that thing would scare me more than a dog. :shock:

Offline nOnAmE

• GP's New Project.... ; )
  • TurkeyNutz' Stunt Double
« Reply #3 on: March 24, 2009, 09:35:50 AM »
What is a Jake anyways?  I've noticed people calling turkeys different things and I never know what they mean. ???

Offline Jenny

• Happyness is a warm gun!
    • Foggy Bottom Girls
« Reply #4 on: March 24, 2009, 10:46:34 AM »
Thats funny Big, we had a TAME turkey also...He was a Double Breasted Bronze Turkey.... he did the same thing, crazy bird stood in the middle of the road gobblin at the trucks going by, talk about hard up. We named him carter, we ended up having to shot him after he tried to breed my guinea and chickens and flattened them like a pancake! We cut his breast meat out and they weighed 13 pounds a piece! They were tough as shoe leather and we used them for predator bait!

This is him and Boone:
Jenny - Whosoever is delighted in solitude is either a wild beast or a God. -Francis Bacon Sr.

Offline John Andrews

• Global Moderator
  • "If it bleeds....We can kill it!" ANDREWS
« Reply #5 on: March 24, 2009, 12:53:05 PM »
Crazy bird!  ;D

We had a rooster pheasant at work that didn't like our patrol vehicles. He used to chase them and other times squared off with them. One time as I drove faster than he could run, he flew ahead of me on the road and settled right in front of my moving vehicle.
The tires straddled him and the undercarriage rolled him, but he was OK when I stopped and got out to see if he was OK. All he lost were some feathers and some of his pride.  ;D
He did that for a couple of years and then disappeared.
Hunting Discussion Forum and Chat on Whitetail Deer Hunting- Bow Hunting- Muzzleloader Hunting- Fishing- Firearms- Outdoor News- Cleaning Game- Deer Pictures- Fish Pictures and more at www.gutpilestyle.com !

Offline Big58cal

• Global Moderator
« Reply #6 on: March 24, 2009, 12:58:17 PM »
What is a Jake anyways?  I've noticed people calling turkeys different things and I never know what they mean. ???

A "Jake" is an young male turkey.  A "Gobbler", "Tom", "Strutter", etc generally refer to mature male turkeys.

A Jake will generally have a 3-4" beard and the center feathers of their tail fan will be longer than the outside ones.

A mature bird..............

John Andrews Is My Hero!

In all seriousness, the Marlin is a great rifle, too. I own a Model 60, one of the best rifles ever made.
Brownings are nice, but in terms of quality AND accuarcy AND ruggedness, it's hard to beat the Marlin.

Offline Jenny

• Happyness is a warm gun!
    • Foggy Bottom Girls
« Reply #7 on: March 24, 2009, 02:29:22 PM »
Crazy bird!  ;D

We had a rooster pheasant at work that didn't like our patrol vehicles. He used to chase them and other times squared off with them. One time as I drove faster than he could run, he flew ahead of me on the road and settled right in front of my moving vehicle.
The tires straddled him and the undercarriage rolled him, but he was OK when I stopped and got out to see if he was OK. All he lost were some feathers and some of his pride.  ;D

Thats funny JA.  ;D  ;D  ;D  ;D
Jenny - Whosoever is delighted in solitude is either a wild beast or a God. -Francis Bacon Sr.

Offline Big58cal

• Global Moderator
« Reply #8 on: March 24, 2009, 03:14:10 PM »

Yeah, "disappeared" right from your plate. :roll:

John Andrews Is My Hero!

Offline BigStrutter

• Happiness is a 50 cal.
« Reply #9 on: March 25, 2009, 08:03:50 AM »
You're right BC, what JA meant was it took him a couple years to get his aim right with the tires, so he could actually hit it instead of straddle it!!! ;D ;D

Ned
Show a child the outdoors and you will show them the world.

FOREVER G540

Facebook Comments