November 20, 2017, 12:27:50 PM

Author Topic: The Spring pole...  (Read 3979 times)

Offline Techno

• Hardcore Carnivore with Gut Pile Style!
  • Thats right!
The Spring pole...
« on: March 26, 2009, 09:51:34 PM »
With the bulldogs aka the pitbull,drive and high energy level dogmen have come up wuth several ways to exercise their dogs and have a little fun while doing it.Not too mention you simply can't out work your dog without use of "extras".Here is one of my favortie ways to work a bulldog!

There are several ways to make a spring pole.Some use garage doors spring,some use springs designd to hold heavy equipment and some are simple porch swing springs.Here ar a few of the set-ups I mentioned

One crucial thing when using a Spring pole is to not let the dog hang off the ground on one.Grant in the pitbull community there are "hang time" events.The events are a comp. not a form of exercise and do get scrutinize by some for th fact the dog hangs a ft from the ground.Then again th dog isn't "working" th st up uring an event an like I said,the og only hangs a ft from the ground.Some morons like to watch their dogs hang as high as the dog will jump.Crenshaws CH Honeybunch was lost by that same method...talkabout a poor way to lose one of the top producing females ever known to pitbull fanciers eh!

Some dogs,Like my Two Bits, need to be broke off with a parting stick...honestly I havn't owned a bulldog that would quit.Not quitting is one attribute to the bulldogs charecter that make them such grand cannines.

Here are a few shots of my old Schranz dog working the SP.You can see I used everything from an old pair of jeans to rubber dog toys.Cow or pig hide is most commonly use as it is alot tougher than jeans or toys.

You can attach a spring pole from anything to a tree or build your own holder out of wood.
Here are a few ideas...

Offline Juandogg

• When in Doubt DTFB
Re: The Spring pole...
« Reply #1 on: March 26, 2009, 09:56:18 PM »
So are ya sayin that I could use the coil spring outta my mother in laws minivan cause I was goin to build one fer the dogo and Clayton
It takes patience to break a good hound. Ya gotta be persistent and it helps to be a lil smarter then the dog.

Offline Techno

• Thats right!
« Reply #2 on: March 26, 2009, 09:58:25 PM »
 ;D ;D ;D you sure can try...but I'm not sure if it will be "springy" enough....for the dog  :twisted:

Offline John Andrews

• Global Moderator
  • "If it bleeds....We can kill it!" ANDREWS
« Reply #3 on: March 27, 2009, 11:51:09 AM »
So are ya sayin that I could use the coil spring outta my mother in laws minivan cause I was goin to build one fer the dogo and Clayton
  ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D I bet you would need a piece of leaf spring to pry Clayton off. That kid is a chip off the old block, for sure!  O0  ;D
Hunting Discussion Forum and Chat on Whitetail Deer Hunting- Bow Hunting- Muzzleloader Hunting- Fishing- Firearms- Outdoor News- Cleaning Game- Deer Pictures- Fish Pictures and more at www.gutpilestyle.com !

Facebook Comments