December 18, 2017, 01:42:09 PM

Author Topic: Buffalo Roast in the crockpot  (Read 2061 times)

Offline Jen

• Gut Pile Club Member
    • Matahota Ranch, LLC
Buffalo Roast in the crockpot
« on: October 19, 2003, 01:46:29 PM »
Place assorted veggies in the bottom of the pot that has been sprayed with non-stick spray.  Brown the roast on all sides and place on top of veggies.  Pour 1 can of beef broth, 1 can of tomato sauce, and 1 can of tomato paste(loosened with a little water) over top.  Set on low over night, or on high  for 6 to 8 hours, or until roast falls apart.

Talk about yummy! :wink:

Jen

HAPPY EATING :D  :D  :D

Offline Jen

• Gut Pile Club Member
    • Matahota Ranch, LLC
« Reply #1 on: October 26, 2003, 02:00:00 PM »
Whatsa matta, no one likes buffalo? :lol:  :wink:  :wink:  :lol:
Jen :wink:

Offline John Andrews

• Global Moderator
  • Hardcore Carnivore with Gut Pile Style!
  • "If it bleeds....We can kill it!" ANDREWS
« Reply #2 on: January 16, 2004, 08:36:06 PM »
Sounds great! I like buffalo, and now we can buy it and elk locally. Your crock pot (I typed crack pot first, accidentally) sounds easy to fix, which is another reason I like it! Not a bunch of exotic, expensive, and micro measured ingredients to add.  =D>
Hunting Discussion Forum and Chat on Whitetail Deer Hunting- Bow Hunting- Muzzleloader Hunting- Fishing- Firearms- Outdoor News- Cleaning Game- Deer Pictures- Fish Pictures and more at www.gutpilestyle.com !

Offline Gutpiles

• Administrator
    • Gut Pile Style
« Reply #3 on: January 16, 2004, 09:35:22 PM »
I heard it's good stuff, but never had the opportunity to try it.  Send a couple stragglers our way!  :twisted:
Deer Hunting Today - Powered By Gut Pile Style:  The source for Whitetail Deer Hunting - Anti Peta - Squirrel Hunting - Bow Hunting - Bear Hunting - Coon Hunting - Fishing - Firearms - Outdoor News - Cleaning Game -  fishing and more at www.gutpilestyle.comwww.DeerHuntingToday.com www.WildChildHuntingWear.com

Offline Big58cal

• Global Moderator
« Reply #4 on: January 16, 2004, 11:11:44 PM »
Which do you want Gutpiles, the "crack pot" stuff, or the "crock pot" stuff?
The only purpose of bread is to hold meat!

John Andrews Is My Hero!

In all seriousness, the Marlin is a great rifle, too. I own a Model 60, one of the best rifles ever made.
Brownings are nice, but in terms of quality AND accuarcy AND ruggedness, it's hard to beat the Marlin.
California sucks that's it.

Offline Jen

• Gut Pile Club Member
    • Matahota Ranch, LLC
« Reply #5 on: January 18, 2004, 03:21:23 PM »
:lol:  :lol:  :lol:  GP, and Cal!  Trust me, the Crock pot stuff is alot better for ya than the Crack pot stuff! LOLOLOLOLOLOL  

I's makin buffalo veggie soup as we speak! We have a few roasts, but mostly stew meat and soup bones left from our 1/4 buffalo that we got last year.  It's good stuff!

Offline John Andrews

• Global Moderator
  • "If it bleeds....We can kill it!" ANDREWS
« Reply #6 on: February 13, 2004, 01:24:57 PM »
Jen, is the other 3/4 still runnin' around? I just hadda say that! Sorry. "Hold still! We only want a quarter!"  Seriously, I imagine a quarter of buffalo would actually be quite a lot of meat. That would make the buffalo a 3 legger, easier to catch the next time. Sorry,again! I have seen 3 legged dogs that run pretty fast! Buffalo is pretty good fixed about any way you cook it, no kiddin'. :wink:
Hunting Discussion Forum and Chat on Whitetail Deer Hunting- Bow Hunting- Muzzleloader Hunting- Fishing- Firearms- Outdoor News- Cleaning Game- Deer Pictures- Fish Pictures and more at www.gutpilestyle.com !

Offline Jen

• Gut Pile Club Member
    • Matahota Ranch, LLC
« Reply #7 on: February 15, 2004, 09:40:48 AM »
Quote from: John Andrews
Jen, is the other 3/4 still runnin' around? I just hadda say that! Sorry. "Hold still! We only want a quarter!"  Seriously, I imagine a quarter of buffalo would actually be quite a lot of meat. That would make the buffalo a 3 legger, easier to catch the next time. Sorry,again! I have seen 3 legged dogs that run pretty fast! Buffalo is pretty good fixed about any way you cook it, no kiddin'. :wink:

yep, it was over 200lbs of meat!  the whole carcass weighed in at over 2000lbs i think(if i'm remembering right :) )  damn good eatin!  we're gonna get some more hopefully this year, too!  

Hey, GP, you should really find some and try it!  It's excellent!  If ya were closer, I'd bring ya some :)

Facebook Comments