October 17, 2017, 07:41:54 AM

Author Topic: bait cast  (Read 2193 times)

Offline fuzztsimmers

• Hardcore Carnivore with Gut Pile Style!
  • Peace is a gun, seat, and trees.
bait cast
« on: April 08, 2009, 04:04:02 AM »
anyone know how to tune a bait cast. I really want one but every one i have tried to use i just couldnt get it to work right.
I don't have bad english you just don't listen.

What did you learn?

Offline Big58cal

• Global Moderator
Re: bait cast
« Reply #1 on: April 08, 2009, 09:24:38 AM »
Man, I couldn't tell you.  Too complicated for me.  That's why I like my Zebco 33. O0
The only purpose of bread is to hold meat!

John Andrews Is My Hero!

In all seriousness, the Marlin is a great rifle, too. I own a Model 60, one of the best rifles ever made.
Brownings are nice, but in terms of quality AND accuarcy AND ruggedness, it's hard to beat the Marlin.
California sucks that's it.

Offline fuzztsimmers

« Reply #2 on: April 08, 2009, 10:04:39 AM »
i used to use zebco but the changed the style and quality of them and i think they suck now. Plus i really like spinning reels.

What did you learn?

Offline John Andrews

• Global Moderator
  • "If it bleeds....We can kill it!" ANDREWS
« Reply #3 on: April 09, 2009, 10:39:43 AM »
I use mostly baitcasters. It would be too lengthly to explain here as to how to set your settings.  Best fix, find another fisherman that uses them and have them show you. Baitcasters are really simple to use.
Hunting Discussion Forum and Chat on Whitetail Deer Hunting- Bow Hunting- Muzzleloader Hunting- Fishing- Firearms- Outdoor News- Cleaning Game- Deer Pictures- Fish Pictures and more at www.gutpilestyle.com !

Offline fuzztsimmers

« Reply #4 on: April 09, 2009, 06:18:48 PM »
ok that might work cept i dont know anyone else round here that uses them. So i guess it is down to trial and error which i can do.

What did you learn?

Offline occ

• Gut Pile Guide
« Reply #5 on: April 10, 2009, 11:20:52 PM »
The quick and dirty way to adjust a bait caster is tie on the bait you intend to cast, let it hang down abiout 6 inches and trip the reel while holding your thumb on the spool. Most bait casters have a knob on the right side of the case, this is the cast control or spool brake. You need to loosen it up until the bait falls freely then slowly turn the spool brake knob clockwise until the bait just barely drops when you pop the reel in freespool and shake the rod tip gently. If you have trouble casting it is ok to crank it down tighter until you get used to the way it casts and as you practice and get better you will be able to start backing the brake off a little at a time. Have patience and practice a lot. You don't have to throw it a mile when you are first starting out. as your casting improves and you back the brake off you will see the distance improve. Some of the newer reels have a magnetic brake on the opposite side from the spool brake and these will help you out on a windy day, the magnets just help the spool to keep from overrunning and creating the dreaded birdsnest in your reel. Just remember we all get them you just want to keep them to a minimum. Let me know how you get along
I resent being called a pervert. I have graduated to Moral Deviate

You do not have to have had any sort of Psychotic episode to work here:it just saves time

Offline fuzztsimmers

« Reply #6 on: April 10, 2009, 11:27:44 PM »
sweet i will let you know. I really want to use them for my storm swimbaits i use for bass. i use spincast right now but i tend to break them when i use them. I went through 3 of them 2 years ago in a few months.

What did you learn?

Facebook Comments