November 18, 2017, 09:46:19 PM

Author Topic: Need ideas  (Read 3031 times)

Offline Juandogg

• Hardcore Carnivore with Gut Pile Style!
  • When in Doubt DTFB
Need ideas
« on: April 17, 2009, 10:06:56 PM »
Yeah I know its hopeless askin yall fer ideas but Ill do it anyway  :twisted: I talked to ABs hog dog guides and they were tellin bout a lil problem they are havin with the male plott "pup"   He strikes hogs on his own but the problem is when Banjo strikes one Pup will come to the bay and half ass bay it but then leave to look fer his own  :roll: Which is kinda a problem since this is a sport that is a team sport On hogs Pup starts he will finish it out and put one heck of a hurtin on a hog that decides to run  :twisted: Now give me some ideas on what to do bout it since this time of year it aint to big of a deal but next winter is a dam quick way to get dead Heck nOn even ya can chime in yer ideas  ;D
It takes patience to break a good hound. Ya gotta be persistent and it helps to be a lil smarter then the dog.

Offline Techno

• Thats right!
Re: Need ideas
« Reply #1 on: April 17, 2009, 10:35:13 PM »
Work him in a pen and encourage him to "stay". Might even try working him in a pen alone for a bit and slowy bring another dog in. 

Offline Juandogg

• When in Doubt DTFB
« Reply #2 on: April 19, 2009, 05:10:34 PM »
He is past bein worked in a pen the pen is the same as a caged coon great tool but used to much and ruins them fast  O0 Besides in a bay pen he is a rockstar already been to a few bay competions and did good  He has been worked there with other dogs Been the first one put in been the last one put in doesnt matter he will bay Problem seems to be if he doesnt start the hog piss on it he dont wanna finish it  :idiot2 My idea wuz to jest get more anchor dogs and run 2 packs but aint enuff room fer that and he aint quite straight enuff to be the main dog  On another note its kinda interestin that a dog that was almost completly trash broke goes to Texas and fer a few works was the trashy sob ya ever seen but thankfully came outta that   
It takes patience to break a good hound. Ya gotta be persistent and it helps to be a lil smarter then the dog.

Offline John Andrews

• Global Moderator
  • "If it bleeds....We can kill it!" ANDREWS
« Reply #3 on: April 20, 2009, 11:45:16 AM »
I take it he will take off on his own sometimes before the hunters get to where the pig is bayed, too. The only solution I can think of is when the hunters get to the bayed pig is to quickly leash the plott and keep him there until it's time to move on.
He will try to take off while still on the leash, but you fellas know what to do then.
Hunting Discussion Forum and Chat on Whitetail Deer Hunting- Bow Hunting- Muzzleloader Hunting- Fishing- Firearms- Outdoor News- Cleaning Game- Deer Pictures- Fish Pictures and more at www.gutpilestyle.com !

Offline Juandogg

• When in Doubt DTFB
« Reply #4 on: April 20, 2009, 06:27:31 PM »
Depends if Pup starts the hog he is there till its dead but if another dog starts it he comes over to the bay but leaves after a coupla barks  :roll:

Offline Techno

• Thats right!
« Reply #5 on: April 20, 2009, 09:15:19 PM »
Dang he ain't quite a cull but ain't quite a pack dog either  ;D ;D

Offline nOnAmE

• GP's New Project.... ; )
  • TurkeyNutz' Stunt Double
« Reply #6 on: April 20, 2009, 09:50:02 PM »
Hey I'd love to help but I didn't understand a word you just said.
There's this key two over from the M key that works wonders, when used properly.

Offline Techno

• Thats right!
« Reply #7 on: April 20, 2009, 09:50:53 PM »
Hey I'd love to help but I didn't understand a word you just said.
There's this key two over from the M key that works wonders, when used properly.

Be creative son  ;D

Offline Juandogg

• When in Doubt DTFB
« Reply #8 on: April 20, 2009, 10:47:39 PM »
oh another pukation lesson (period)

Offline nOnAmE

• GP's New Project.... ; )
  • TurkeyNutz' Stunt Double
« Reply #9 on: April 21, 2009, 01:26:25 AM »
oh another pukation lesson (period)

Just doing my job ma'am.

Facebook Comments