November 18, 2017, 03:24:35 AM

Author Topic: Need ideas  (Read 3029 times)

Offline John Andrews

• Global Moderator
  • Hardcore Carnivore with Gut Pile Style!
  • "If it bleeds....We can kill it!" ANDREWS
Re: Need ideas
« Reply #10 on: April 21, 2009, 09:34:02 AM »
How old is that pup, plott?
Hunting Discussion Forum and Chat on Whitetail Deer Hunting- Bow Hunting- Muzzleloader Hunting- Fishing- Firearms- Outdoor News- Cleaning Game- Deer Pictures- Fish Pictures and more at www.gutpilestyle.com !

Offline Juandogg

• When in Doubt DTFB
« Reply #11 on: April 21, 2009, 07:23:06 PM »
he is 3 years old and his name is Pup
It takes patience to break a good hound. Ya gotta be persistent and it helps to be a lil smarter then the dog.

Offline Techno

• Thats right!
« Reply #12 on: April 21, 2009, 10:09:03 PM »
Maybe you just need a new handler....
http://cutvest.com/offthechainwebsite_004.htm
Ol girl would do it I bet  O0
« Last Edit: April 21, 2009, 10:10:41 PM by Techno »

turkeynutz

« Reply #13 on: April 21, 2009, 10:54:33 PM »
Put a bullet in his head and get a new one. Thats how we trained coon dogs. O0 Iffen they dont catch on by thier two year b-day they are feeden the worms. :knuppel2

Offline Techno

• Thats right!
« Reply #14 on: April 22, 2009, 12:39:27 AM »
Put a bullet in his head and get a new one. Thats how we trained coon dogs. O0 Iffen they dont catch on by thier two year b-day they are feeden the worms. :knuppel2
Oh but shooting a dog is terrible....just ask bc the super dogman. Thats one reason why I am in no postion to give advice about pitbulls he says, cause I shot one that bit me. Which I said from day one I would never tolerate a man biter for any reason and I acutally have the gonads to stick by my convictions!!!

Offline Juandogg

• When in Doubt DTFB
« Reply #15 on: April 22, 2009, 06:44:29 AM »
but tell me why I would shoot a dog that starts hogs, stops hogs jest wont do it with other dogs  ???

Tech i think if i brought her one as a "handler"  :twisted: I would need to find a new place of residence  ;D
It takes patience to break a good hound. Ya gotta be persistent and it helps to be a lil smarter then the dog.

turkeynutz

« Reply #16 on: April 22, 2009, 07:15:19 AM »
If you can run her alone then. My first dog kill was a two year old male black and tan. It was runnen a deer, and we got it back to the truck it wouldnt load. crawled up under the pick up. Tryed to get it out and finaly reached under with the 4.10 to the head.
 I with you on that Tech. I have only been bit once, by my kids dalmation. Its dead! I was raised to know a dog has a perpose. And if it doesnt fill it, despose of it! O0

Offline John Andrews

• Global Moderator
« Reply #17 on: April 22, 2009, 01:28:46 PM »
I shot a couple of mine that wanted to bite. I wouldn't give the dogs to anyone else because they would heve bitten someone or some kid. I've shot other dogs that wanted to bite me, too.

I don't know the cure for plott's dog, but I firmly believe he's worth keeping. I don't know how a fella could use an electronic collar on him without ruining him on hogs unless he gets some straight obedience training at home to heel by command when he tries to take off on his own. The collar would work for that and he wouldn't connect the shock with hogs.
Hunting Discussion Forum and Chat on Whitetail Deer Hunting- Bow Hunting- Muzzleloader Hunting- Fishing- Firearms- Outdoor News- Cleaning Game- Deer Pictures- Fish Pictures and more at www.gutpilestyle.com !

Offline Juandogg

• When in Doubt DTFB
« Reply #18 on: April 22, 2009, 11:27:13 PM »
Thanks fer the laugh JA  I had the mental picture of ya tryin to get that dog to heel as he is tryin to stop a hog  ;D ;D ;D I think whats goin to happen is we are goin to hope he lives through grain season then this fall he gets to be the start dog fer the second pack He already has a couple anchor dogs that follow him through hell and high water and its fittin that they are half lab and half cur  ;D

Offline John Andrews

• Global Moderator
« Reply #19 on: April 23, 2009, 10:41:12 AM »
Naw, what I meant was, when he tries to take off on his own while the dogs are still busy with the hog, or when he wants to take off after the hog is stuck, etc.

I still think he will make a heck of a fine hog dog. He's just too ready to get started on the next one? Just like a pup that doesn't stay on the tree with other dogs, he wants the chase more than the finish. Maybe he got his butt whupped a couple of times by an older hound or two on a tree, so to speak?

Facebook Comments