October 19, 2017, 02:07:05 PM

Author Topic: hello from summit county,ohio! [sorry im kinda scared about giving away my info]  (Read 2575 times)

Offline Techno

• Hardcore Carnivore with Gut Pile Style!
  • Thats right!
Yeah the HMRR is where it's at. Maybe one day you will graduate to using th best rifle ever made...

BTW be carefull whjat you type...some folks may get offended by the word H___ ;D

Offline MOSPARKY

• Global Moderator
  Welcome Jonny,
HMR is cool, but not normally for an 11 yr olds budget. 22 is much easier on the pocket. Not as easy as the 1377 but still cheaper to feed than a 22.
 What do you mean by you want to up-grade the 1377 ? You wanting to step up to something else or boost the performance a bit ? If you want to step up, don't get rid of the 1377, it is a great platform to build a custom rifle or pistol from. I've seen some amazing things done with them both in performance and looks. Most of the modifications might be a bit beyond an 11 yr olds capabilities but might make for a great "Dad and Me" project. Just let me know if you need a link to more info.
John Andrews is my hero !

Deer Hunting Today - Powered By Gut Pile Style:  The source for Whitetail Deer Hunting - Anti Peta - Squirrel Hunting - Bow Hunting - Bear Hunting - Coon Hunting - Fishing - Firearms - Outdoor News - Cleaning Game -  fishing and more at www.gutpilestyle.comwww.DeerHuntingToday.com www.WildChildHuntingWear.com

because huntin' ain't catch and release

turkeynutz

Welcome to the mix. Got turkeys? O0

Offline John Andrews

• Global Moderator
  • "If it bleeds....We can kill it!" ANDREWS
sorry...but ill have to say .22,andi heard .17 hmr is fast as hell!! [2500fps]
  O0 Welcome to the gang, jonny! (I like the way this kid thinks!) Heck, if your dad will spring for the ammo, go for a Savage .17 HMR. Stay away from those rustbucket Marlins.  :wink: ;D
As far as squirrel hunting, stick with it! It's far more fun than chasing dumb deer and other critters. Besides, when you can nail squirrel heads, you are ready to move up to larger stuff when you so desire.

NOTHING is more fun than squirrel hunting with a .17HMR.
Hunting Discussion Forum and Chat on Whitetail Deer Hunting- Bow Hunting- Muzzleloader Hunting- Fishing- Firearms- Outdoor News- Cleaning Game- Deer Pictures- Fish Pictures and more at www.gutpilestyle.com !

Offline Juandogg

• When in Doubt DTFB
NOTHING is more fun than squirrel hunting with a .17HMR.
Except squirrel huntin with a 22/250
It takes patience to break a good hound. Ya gotta be persistent and it helps to be a lil smarter then the dog.

Offline jonnythehunter1

• Gut Pile Club Member
jesus!! hunting with 22-250? sounds overkill to me!! thats just lke buying a desert eagle .357 mag. and going sparrow hunting!!
go to heck peta. and lick toads while your at it.
the vpc are anti hunters, just the gun hating ones.

Offline Techno

• Thats right!
Now that sounds like fun...except for the desert eagle part. You can get a .357 from an American company. Besies those isralies can't make a gun worth poop ;D ;D

Offline Juandogg

• When in Doubt DTFB
I'll tell ya a coupla mottos we got round here

"Go Big or Go Home"

"Aint no such thing as to big of a gun, just not enough ammo"  O0 O0 ;D ;D
It takes patience to break a good hound. Ya gotta be persistent and it helps to be a lil smarter then the dog.

turkeynutz

Thats why I squirrel hunt with my 12g. and 3 1/2" #5's! ;D O0

Offline Juandogg

• When in Doubt DTFB
Thats why I squirrel hunt with my 12g. and 3 1/2" #5's! ;D O0
Some on here will say its cause ya cant shoot but I say ya dont want them to ambush ya  ;D ;D ;D

Facebook Comments