October 23, 2017, 03:10:50 PM

Author Topic: Not exactly new here but  (Read 1267 times)

Offline BreaknBrush

Not exactly new here but
« on: April 29, 2009, 11:18:33 PM »
I might as well be. I just moved from living in the city in Michigan to the boonies of southwest Tennessee. Just moved on Monday. Quite a long drive. I'm 29 years old and today was the first time I've ever been able to shoot in my backyard. It felt weird and I still was checking over my shoulder waiting for the cops to show up lol.

I'm hoping to get some deer hunting in this year since I've never done it before. Hopefully I can figure out how to do it. In the mean time, it looks like I've got spring squirrel coming next month.

Anyway, I'm hoping to get my first kill this year. I just only wish I'd had someone to hunt with growing up. Hopefully I'll be able to outsmart some woodland creature this season.

Offline Big58cal

• Global Moderator
  • Hardcore Carnivore with Gut Pile Style!
Re: Not exactly new here but
« Reply #1 on: April 30, 2009, 09:27:27 AM »
Glad to have you around BreaknBrush! O0  I think we've got 1-2 people on here from TN.  They may be able to help you (once we figure out who they are  ;D ).  Check around for a local sportsmans club in the area you're in.  Those folks will be able to help you out in 'learning the way of the woods'. O0  If you're not sure about where it's at, check with TN Wildlife Resources.  They should have a listing of all of the sportsmans clubs in the state.

BTW, isn't it great to get to shoot in your back yard? O0  I've got a 100+ yard range set up at my place.  It makes things a whole lot easier. :wink:
The only purpose of bread is to hold meat!

John Andrews Is My Hero!

In all seriousness, the Marlin is a great rifle, too. I own a Model 60, one of the best rifles ever made.
Brownings are nice, but in terms of quality AND accuarcy AND ruggedness, it's hard to beat the Marlin.
California sucks that's it.

Offline Jenny

• Happyness is a warm gun!
    • Foggy Bottom Girls
« Reply #2 on: April 30, 2009, 10:46:54 AM »
Welcome to the pile! I love livin in the boonies, sometimes I wish I lived further back in the woods. We are about 12 miles from town now. Anyway, welcome!
Jenny - Whosoever is delighted in solitude is either a wild beast or a God. -Francis Bacon Sr.

Offline BreaknBrush

« Reply #3 on: April 30, 2009, 11:06:43 AM »
It certainly is nice to be able to shoot out back of the house. At the old place I'd have to take a long drive to find an outdoor place to shoot.

Thanks for the welcome.

Offline nOnAmE

• GP's New Project.... ; )
  • TurkeyNutz' Stunt Double
« Reply #4 on: April 30, 2009, 11:35:55 AM »
YOooOOo00!!!!!1!! Welcome BreaknBrush!
I live in MI and I sure wouldn't mind getting the heck outta here...Of course I'd have to kidnap my son first though. :-\

That would be the sweetest thing ever to be able to shoot in your backyard anytime you want.  But there are a few state parks and shooting ranges within 15 minutes of me so it's not all bad I guess.

I'm looking forward to getting my first deer also.  We should team up for the deer contest this year and show these old timers how it's done! O0

turkeynutz

« Reply #5 on: April 30, 2009, 11:42:50 AM »
Welcome to the mix. I live where the chickenhawks f--- the crows, but John is a lil deeper than that. O0 ;D ;D ;D ;D :shock:

Offline olsplittoe

• Gut Pile Club Member
« Reply #6 on: May 03, 2009, 10:09:47 AM »
Well come to the campfire BreaknBush O0! You'll find that the stew pots deep but the huntn stories are deeper. Sometimes the smell is a little funky ( not sure if it's the stew or the company ) ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D.
PSE-passthru shot evertime

Offline John Andrews

• Global Moderator
  • "If it bleeds....We can kill it!" ANDREWS
« Reply #7 on: May 04, 2009, 11:16:34 AM »
Well come to the campfire BreaknBush O0! You'll find that the stew pots deep but the huntn stories are deeper. Sometimes the smell is a little funky ( not sure if it's the stew or the company ) ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D.
Must be the company.  ;D Everyone knows my Camp Kettle Stew is a savory blend of exotic seasonings.
Yep, it's great to have you here, BB! You want to know anything about hunting or fishing, this is the place to be. Advice about wimmin folk and other complicated/confusing problems will be gladly offered, too. We are not liable for the legal consequences, though.  :wink: :roll: ;D
Hunting Discussion Forum and Chat on Whitetail Deer Hunting- Bow Hunting- Muzzleloader Hunting- Fishing- Firearms- Outdoor News- Cleaning Game- Deer Pictures- Fish Pictures and more at www.gutpilestyle.com !

Facebook Comments