November 21, 2017, 12:36:41 PM

Author Topic: Bear hunting Sunday  (Read 2435 times)

Offline D45/70

• Hardcore Carnivore with Gut Pile Style!
Bear hunting Sunday
« on: May 05, 2009, 01:02:56 PM »

We went out to do some bear hunting Sunday,down by White Sulfur Springs. We tried to get on the south side of the hill where the snow would be melting, and it was. We found a logging road that was closed with a big drift and figured no one would have been road hunting bear on it. We didn't get 200 yards up the road and we must have jumped a bear.

we could here him in front of us off and on and his tracks went right up the road. We tried to hurry, and he did too, we tried to cut him off and he would slip by. After two hours of playing tag it looked like he would just out walk us and we  cut our losses.The spot we stopped was a BIG clear cut from the 70's,

it looked like a great spot to call coyotes and may be the bear would like a rabbit dinner too. We always have our yote stuff with us so we set up.The wind ,light breeze, was in our face and to the left,great. We called for a minuet or two,.. Nothing, we tried twice more, we were just ready to stop and walk out when he cam in to our sight. Came in from way to our right. and behind us a bit. 42 yards and stopped to look at two bear hunters us.The boy was on my right and spun around to take a shot with his 25/06. The all copper 100 grainer smacked him hard.Fur flew ten feet in the air, he fell just behind a log. We knew he was dead and we gathered up our stuff and walked to the dead dog. I had my camera out for a picture when we looked over the log he had is head up looking at us. I snapped the pic and the Boy snapped the SHOT. NOW he was dead!

The first one being so close and off balance hit high taking out a 6" peace of spine over the shoulder paralyzing him there back so could not move any thing but his head, sorry!!But the hole thing only took a minuet or two and it was all over.

The walk out was uneventful, we did make three more sets, no more Yotes or bear .

DO to the increasing cost of energy, Gas,and Electricity. The Down turn in the economy.
The light at the END of the TUNNEL is Now TURNED OFF!!!

turkeynutz

Re: Bear hunting Sunday
« Reply #1 on: May 05, 2009, 02:26:06 PM »
Thats alright D. O0 You got some good pics.

Offline nOnAmE

• GP's New Project.... ; )
  • TurkeyNutz' Stunt Double
« Reply #2 on: May 05, 2009, 03:07:37 PM »
Man that was a great story with pics and all. O0
Keep em coming D!

Offline Jenny

• Happyness is a warm gun!
    • Foggy Bottom Girls
« Reply #3 on: May 05, 2009, 03:15:16 PM »
Good story, and good kill! I like the old tractor picture!
Jenny - Whosoever is delighted in solitude is either a wild beast or a God. -Francis Bacon Sr.

Offline John Andrews

• Global Moderator
  • "If it bleeds....We can kill it!" ANDREWS
« Reply #4 on: May 06, 2009, 08:31:29 AM »
Good story, and good kill! I like the old tractor picture!
  O0 Yep! You fellas done alright, after all. Coyote looks PI$$ED!
Hunting Discussion Forum and Chat on Whitetail Deer Hunting- Bow Hunting- Muzzleloader Hunting- Fishing- Firearms- Outdoor News- Cleaning Game- Deer Pictures- Fish Pictures and more at www.gutpilestyle.com !

Offline ray40cal

« Reply #5 on: May 16, 2009, 10:11:14 AM »
GJ nice looking country too. Never hurts to thin out the coyotes, helps out the tastey game.
[]===     []          =[]=       ===[] ===   []===
[]==       []            []              []         []==
[]===     []====   =[]=            []          []===

Offline John Andrews

• Global Moderator
  • "If it bleeds....We can kill it!" ANDREWS
« Reply #6 on: June 13, 2009, 07:40:52 AM »
So, how's the bear hunting doing, D45?
Hunting Discussion Forum and Chat on Whitetail Deer Hunting- Bow Hunting- Muzzleloader Hunting- Fishing- Firearms- Outdoor News- Cleaning Game- Deer Pictures- Fish Pictures and more at www.gutpilestyle.com !

Facebook Comments